Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Spring Bear hunt season is almost here

  1. #1
    Borderline Spammer

    User Info Menu

    1924 Spring Bear hunt season is almost here

    Spring Bear hunt season is almost here .

    Better get ready for the hunting trip way up north .

    I already booked my time off

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #2
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Hey alfoldivandor.................... see if you can take some pictures along the way (from start to finish) if you get the chance......that way some of us that cant get out, will enjoy the adventure through your eyes...
    Best of luck and be safe.
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

  4. #3
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Looking forward to get back to my cabin in a month.
    Do some scouting and get same baits going for later in May. Plan on spending a lot of time there this Spring.

  5. #4
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I'm going in a couple weeks to clear brush and check out the stand. Wont start baiting till the beginning of may but I'm lucky and my bear spot is only 30 minutes away.
    Cant wait to get back out hunting and hopefully tag my second bruin ��

  6. #5
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Well this will be my first time ever using an outfitter. Some smoking deals right now with COVID and even though i could still do my own hunt cheaper it sure is nice to let someone else do the heavy lifting. Going June 03-10 to a remote fly-in. Hoping to get the bear in the first few days and than Walleye fish. Based on my research should be a good chance at a significantly larger than average bear as the location we are at has not been hunted in 10+ years.
    They say a man turns old when sorrow and regret take the place of hope and dreams

  7. #6
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Species8472 View Post
    Well this will be my first time ever using an outfitter. Some smoking deals right now with COVID and even though i could still do my own hunt cheaper it sure is nice to let someone else do the heavy lifting. Going June 03-10 to a remote fly-in. Hoping to get the bear in the first few days and than Walleye fish. Based on my research should be a good chance at a significantly larger than average bear as the location we are at has not been hunted in 10+ years.
    Always enjoy your stories/adventures, looking forward to reading about this one too.... Good luck
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

  8. #7
    Elite Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Baiting begins early May for us!

  9. #8
    Borderline Spammer

    User Info Menu

    Default

    That is a request I can't promise , I will be busy hunting no time for picture .
    I am thinking of mounting a dashboard camera on my head so I can record the situations .
    On one logging road already 2 times in different year run out a nice Bear (it was look-like the truck noise wake him up)
    then run back to the woods , but when we went that way on foot never come out ,
    only from dropping we know that he is living in that area .
    That is our secret location .

    Quote Originally Posted by fratri View Post
    Hey alfoldivandor.................... see if you can take some pictures along the way (from start to finish) if you get the chance......that way some of us that cant get out, will enjoy the adventure through your eyes...
    Best of luck and be safe.

  10. #9
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Species8472 View Post
    Going June 03-10 to a remote fly-in. Hoping to get the bear in the first few days and than Walleye fish.
    June 3 - June 10th. Best you empty out a 24 case of beer and fill it with bug dope instead. That's a nasty time of the year to be in the bush but best of luck regardless on the hunt.

  11. #10
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sawbill View Post
    June 3 - June 10th. Best you empty out a 24 case of beer and fill it with bug dope instead. That's a nasty time of the year to be in the bush but best of luck regardless on the hunt.
    Worse the bugs the better the hunt. I lived on a fly-in res 200K north of Pickle Lake for 2 years so i know what's coming.
    They say a man turns old when sorrow and regret take the place of hope and dreams

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •