Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you sell traps with just a Trappers license?

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Default Can you sell traps with just a Trappers license?

Just wondering if you need some special permit to sell live traps or just traps in general.
    "When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MihajloSimsic View Post
    Just wondering if you need some special permit to sell live traps or just traps in general.
    NOPE!! They're not like firearms. You can sell them to anyone with the cash.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    NOPE!! They're not like firearms. You can sell them to anyone with the cash.
    You can sell them, but the buyer of a body gripping or leghold trap , or snare, must hold a valid trapping licence to be in possession of the gear. Most ethical trap supply stores will only sell to those who provide their licence number. My pet peeve with Cabelas. They'll sell traps to anyone, then the idiots make a set in a residential area and kill someone's pet. The trapping industry and trappers get the black eye on the deal.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

I should have mentioned that you'd have to have a trapping licence also in order to be selling body grippers, legholds, snares, etc. As you'd be in possession of the gear prior to selling it. Get clearance by calling mnr.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fenelon View Post
    You can sell them, but the buyer of a body gripping or leghold trap , or snare, must hold a valid trapping licence to be in possession of the gear. Most ethical trap supply stores will only sell to those who provide their licence number. My pet peeve with Cabelas. They'll sell traps to anyone, then the idiots make a set in a residential area and kill someone's pet. The trapping industry and trappers get the black eye on the deal.
    X2 with Cabelas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I should have mentioned that you'd have to have a trapping licence also in order to be selling body grippers, legholds, snares, etc. As you'd be in possession of the gear prior to selling it. Get clearance by calling mnr.
    Can you show me which laws state that one needs a trapping license to be in possession of these traps or to sell them to only a licensed trapper? I thought anyone can own traps and only needs a license to use them. Isn't this a self-policing regulation among trappers? It shows you what I know about trapping,virtually nothing.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Not just Cabelas. Amazon as well.
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone! My old man has a trapping license and was just looking on making and possibly selling some live traps for muskrats.
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    Can you show me which laws state that one needs a trapping license to be in possession of these traps or to sell them to only a licensed trapper? I thought anyone can own traps and only needs a license to use them. Isn't this a self-policing regulation among trappers? It shows you what I know about trapping,virtually nothing.
    https://furmanagers.com/wp-content/u...2020-E-WEB.pdf

Page two.

Sorry for hijacking the thread. Decent market for colony traps for muskrats and the rumour is the price are coming up on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

27. (1) A person shall not possess a body-gripping trap unless the person,

(a) is lawfully entitled to use the trap;

(b) was lawfully entitled to use the trap within the five years preceding the date on which the person was found to be in possession of the body-gripping trap;

(c) engages in activities related to the manufacture, repair, sale, transportation or storage of the traps or the conduct of research with respect to those traps;

(d) is a collector of traps and the trap is rendered incapable of being used for trapping; or

(e) possesses the traps for educational purposes in the course of employment by an educational institution or government. O. Reg. 667/98, s. 27 (1).

(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to traps in a museum or public display if most of the funding for the museum or display comes from a government in Canada. O. Reg. 667/98, s. 27 (2).
    Above is the section from the FWCA regs relating to possession of traps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast