Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: Can you sell traps with just a Trappers license?

  1. #11
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu


    Quote Originally Posted by redd foxx View Post
    Above is the section from the FWCA regs relating to possession of traps
    Also you have to consider who is lawfully entitles to use the trap, as is in case 27.1.a

    Farmers can trap on their own land without a license, or anyone residing their. Nothing defines what a farmer is, so if you self identify as a farmer, backyard chickens, you can possess and use these traps legally.

    "It is contrary to the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, 1997 and Regulations: n To trap furbearing mammals except under the authority of a licence (farmers or any member of the farmer’s family who resides with the farmer may trap on their own land without a licence, but require a licence to sell pelts)."

  2. # ADS

  3. #12
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu


    “farmer” means a person whose chief occupation is farming and,

    (a) who is living upon and tilling his or her own land, or land to the possession of which he or she is for the time being entitled, or

    (b) who is a settler engaged in clearing land for the purpose of bringing it to a state of cultivation; (“exploitant agricole”)

    Fish & Wildlife Conservation Act.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts