Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 80s ATC, 3 wheelers, Trikes

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default 80s ATC, 3 wheelers, Trikes

Anyone still got any old 3 wheelers kicking around? Whether you use it still or it just sits around collecting dust post a picture of it.

I love the old Hondas I have a 1985 Bigred 250 I use a lot it's had a rough life.

Even if ya know where one sitting in a scrap pile id be interested in buying.

Anyways here's my 2 favorites. 85 Honda Big red 250 and 86 250r.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

-Ted Nugent

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Nice looking trikes, gotta love those Hondas a little oil and they are happy.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tigboy 304 View Post
    Nice looking trikes, gotta love those Hondas a little oil and they are happy.
    Yup they just don't die. I bought the big red likely 15 years ago from a local guy. He told me it doesn't think it even touched water. It looked immaculate. I tuned it up and it runs great. Doesnt look so great anymore though.

-Ted Nugent

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I've had three since moving to the farm. I sold the 86 to a guy for $400 because it still had the paperwork. He completely restored it, I may buy it back.

I gave him the 82, he used it for parts restoring others.

I have an 84 right now, had it for many years. They just keep going, wouldn't be without one here.

Last edited by MikePal; March 27th, 2021 at 10:36 AM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Very nice Mike! The 84 200 is a great bike with the low range and reverse. Seems to be lots of them still around so it's a testiment to how great they are being 35+ years old. Most have had the snot beat out of them

1985 the Bigred went to the 250cc and added rear suspension. It also has a 20ft removeable headlight cord for night navigating which I think is the coolest option on the bike

-Ted Nugent

Leads by example

User Info Menu

I've never owned one, as I own quads...but I always loved the look of them. My earliest ride was when I was a kid around 5 or 6 when I lived down off of Ogden Ave behind the junk yard. my dad's bud bought one, and he sat me on his lap and we rode back and forth from Allen A Martin to Gorden Graydon for what felt like hours......hahaha....thx for the memory
    This isn't a test run................Enjoy er'.......

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SongDog View Post
    Very nice Mike! The 84 200 is a great bike with the low range and reverse.
    I found it on Kijiji..the son was cleaning up the estate and found in an out building. His Dad obviously had not driven it much, almost mint condition.

They don't sell well only because they can't be licensed and insured. Not to many buyers who can live with that restriction.

I love them, have never really failed me, they are a work horse that I use all year round.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I have a 1984 Yamaha 200e and 1983 Suzuki alt125 as well(my dad bought this new in 1984). Both these are good running bikes but they aren't as nice as the Hondas.

The Suzuki has a really low 1st gear and reverse and it floats. We use it for deer hunting around the farm still when we have to get into the swamp. It will pull any deer and its light enough it never gets stuck.

-Ted Nugent

Member for Life

User Info Menu

My Dad had a BigRed years ago. I took it for a spin, tried to go over a hump, ended up flipping it over backwards....I think that was their problem.
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    My Dad had a BigRed years ago. I took it for a spin, tried to go over a hump, ended up flipping it over backwards....I think that was their problem.
    Rider error haha Usually it's roll sideways then lands on top of ya if you do it right [emoji38]

-Ted Nugent

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast