Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moose points are out per WMU start planing the Moose hunt ...

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rippin_355 View Post
    Points per wmu isn't how the system is going to work. They have outlined the process all ready.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
    I’m well aware of this as well. The OP indicated points per WMU were out....they are not, and likely won’t be known until next year, once the MNRF collect some data. This year, it’s a crap shoot at best !
    Last edited by rick_iles; March 27th, 2021 at 04:46 PM.
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by alfoldivandor View Post
    https://www.ontario.ca/document/onta...ations-summary
    (The info is there just do some math calculation ...)
    What math are you calculating?

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Moose tag quotas and hunt codes available online and by phone beginning April 1,2021

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Wonder who's got the most points in Ontario?

3 guys in our group have 15. My dad has 12, I have 12 my brothers both have 8.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

-Ted Nugent

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SongDog View Post
    Wonder who's got the most points in Ontario?

3 guys in our group have 15. My dad has 12, I have 12 my brothers both have 8.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
    The most anyone could have is 23 because they went back to 1998. Obviously,that would mean someone applied every year from then until now and has never received a tag. That's not really beyond the realm of possibility by any stretch,the system was that bad.
    If you're too big to do the little things that count,you're too little to do the big things that really count.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

24 because the northern residents get an extra point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

MNR did not changed the Moose tag system to make less money ...
    MNR did not changed the system to have less hunters going Moose hunting ...
    MNR did not changed the system to have less economical interest for the province

So iff you add and subtract divide and multiply the last year guaranteed system numbers ,
    you could come up with the number per WMU have many point you will need to draw a tag ...

For those hunters who again want to hunt moose here ... south .... is going to be little easier ...
    for the rest just have to travel farer , or to the WMU with less roads ( less ATV ) and more bush walking.
    Going to be exiting year as usual .
    Just have to learn the new rules , and play by the rules ...

Not so many hunters have a high point ...

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
    What math are you calculating?

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by alfoldivandor; March 30th, 2021 at 05:22 PM.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

There was a great presentation arranged by the OFAH tonight during which the MNRF went through the new system. It was recorded and will be available in a few days. Well worth the time to watch it.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

To the OP there is no subtraction/addition/multiplication/division that a person can do to figure out a point value needed...it’s just not possible. I don’t have the time to explain how the system is designed to work but there is tons of literature and information to explain it. Tons of variables such as where guys apply, tag numbers etc which will change on a yearly basis.

Anyway the system will work and the guys that have been unsuccessful the longest will reap the benefits under this new system all in good time, that is the fairest process you can ask for....
    Last edited by biggamer; March 30th, 2021 at 09:08 PM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rf2 View Post
    There was a great presentation arranged by the OFAH tonight during which the MNRF went through the new system. It was recorded and will be available in a few days. Well worth the time to watch it.
    I watched the webinar too. It was very well done, with lots of good information.....the MNRF can’t give any info regarding the number of points required in any given WMU, as there is no data available.....I guess they didn’t do the add/subtract/ multiply method !!!
    Last edited by rick_iles; March 31st, 2021 at 06:42 AM.
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast