Page 1 of 12 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Can a government ‘buyback’ get these guns out of Canadians’ hands?

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Default Can a government ‘buyback’ get these guns out of Canadians’ hands?

Points of view from all sides in the debate about bill C-21. Quite surprised that the Star would publish an article that seems unbiased in the issue of gun control. I like to read the comments section immediately after the article.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...t-selling.html
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." Ernest Benn

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by delmer View Post
    Points of view from all sides in the debate about bill C-21. Quite surprised that the Star would publish an article that seems unbiased in the issue of gun control. I like to read the comments section immediately after the article.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...t-selling.html
    I agree a pretty balanced article, the Liberals stand to lose some anti gun lobby votes because the buy back was not mandatory but if it cause's them to switch their votes to another party , which party would pick up their votes. Yeh probably the NDP and they are even more anti gun.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I doubt if more then 50% will be turned in. If they were non restricted the government does know who has them.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    I doubt if more then 50% will be turned in. If they were non restricted the government does know who has them.
    Your probably right but then a whole bunch of folk's have cash tied up in items they cannot use.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    Your probably right but then a whole bunch of folk's have cash tied up in items they cannot use.
    Those folks don't really care about the money. For them,it's all about freedom,liberty and a quasi-communist government disarming Canadians using twisted facts,outright lies and propaganda being fed to an exceedingly gullible public by a bought-and-paid-for ultra leftist media.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    Those folks don't really care about the money. For them,it's all about freedom,liberty and a quasi-communist government disarming Canadians using twisted facts,outright lies and propaganda being fed to an exceedingly gullible public by a bought-and-paid-for ultra leftist media.
    Those folks also don't really care about the prospect of being found with a prohibited firearm, charged, fined, potentially incarcerated, losing their license, forfeiting all of their other guns, being denied entry to other countries, losing employment opportunities and not being allowed to volunteer in their community just to name a few. Yeah, freedom. Right.

Or they can take the money and buy others guns.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Badenoch View Post
    Or they can take the money and buy others guns.
    I'm just curious? Do you smile when they have you bent over, as they're giving it to you?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I think they should loosen some restrictions not take them away .

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmoose View Post
    I'm just curious? Do you smile when they have you bent over, as they're giving it to you?
    When what they are giving to me is wads of cash then I'll be grinning from ear to ear.

Owners of prohibited firearms can keep them legally if they register them and upgrade their storage. The firearms can't be used, can't be sold and can't be bequeathed. The real dupes are the ones who keep something that is worthless in every respect when the government would have given them money for it.

The owners who keep them illegally can take their chances of becoming the next Bruce Montague. He's a convicted criminal who lost his business, his guns and almost his family home when caught with illegal firearms.

https://www.tbnewswatch.com/local-ne...ly-ends-406683

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    Lots of people have money tied up in things they cannot use lol.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 12 1234567811 ... LastLast