Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Can a government ‘buyback’ get these guns out of Canadians’ hands?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    I guarantee you there are thousands of people out there who do not have a PAL and own guns. I don't mean gang bangers or low lifes.
    I am sure your right, they have limited use of the guns and when they are out of the home are liable to be checked ie hunting and then possibly charged.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmoose View Post
    No fear Gilly, as I don't own anything on the list. Some on here however would prefer Billy Blair wave cash at them as Billy has his way with them? Knowing your undying love for the man, perhaps you've been beneficiary of his advances?
    Another one of your infamous trolling posts.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Badenoch View Post
    By all accounts you can keep it in your home if you register it and meet higher standards of storage than for a non-restricted. You can't use it, sell it or bequeath it so once you're gone so's the gun. Perhaps if you choose cremation your next-of-kin can get a two-for-one discount and you and your gun can go into the furnace together.
    Yep.... another long gun registry, tie that in with C-71 where they are now tracking buyers and sellers.... well, Lie, Repeat and lie and repeat, Trudeau and LIbErals use fear and lies on many things but Bill "never met a truth I liked" Blair and Justlied Trudeau excel at it on firearms

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    Another one of your infamous trolling posts.
    Just a response to your nauseous drivel. Now run along and get ready for your date with Billy.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

I agree a pretty balanced article, the Liberals stand to lose some anti gun lobby votes because the buy back was not mandatory but if it cause's them to switch their votes to another party , which party would pick up their votes. Yeh probably the NDP and they are even more anti gun.

They would be better to switch their vote to the Conservatives. The Conservative are great at making improvements to what Liberals governments have initiated. At least they keep insisting that they can do better. Personally I have a preference to park my vote with a party that is prepared to do something entirely different, as oppose to a party that simply offers improvements upon bad legislation, which another party has already put in place.. . .

You don’t stop hunting because you grow old. You grow old because you stop hunting.
    - Gun Nut

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmoose View Post
    Just a response to your nauseous drivel. Now run along and get ready for your date with Billy.
    Another trolling post with no value or intellectual content.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I am sure your right, they have limited use of the guns and when they are out of the home are liable to be checked ie hunting and then possibly charged.
    These "thousands of people" who own guns without a PAL are probably not using them much if at all unless they are acquiring ammunition illegally.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

These "thousands of people" who own guns without a PAL are probably not using them much if at all unless they are acquiring ammunition illegally.
    I am sure there are lots of old farmers who never got a PAL still own guns and do not leave the farm, but still use them. The enforcement across the land is very uneven.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

When what they are giving to me is wads of cash then I'll be grinning from ear to ear.

Owners of prohibited firearms can keep them legally if they register them and upgrade their storage. The firearms can't be used, can't be sold and can't be bequeathed. The real dupes are the ones who keep something that is worthless in every respect when the government would have given them money for it.

The owners who keep them illegally can take their chances of becoming the next Bruce Montague. He's a convicted criminal who lost his business, his guns and almost his family home when caught with illegal firearms.

https://www.tbnewswatch.com/local-ne...ly-ends-406683
    Wads of cash!!?? I sure hope you do not consider $1,300 'wads of cash' because that was the last number I heard. For $1,300 you can have the optics and the accessories off my AR but not the gun itself.

I'll keep my guns thank you very much - I cannot be bought with my own money.

Not that I am supporting this.......but the Liberals are not the only criminal organization looking to buy guns. If you had a non-restricted Beretta Storm (9mm) that is now banned I am sure the street value is far more than the $1,300 the other criminal organization is offering us for it. Maybe sweeten the seal with a couple hundred rounds of 9MM FMJ?

If you treat people like criminals they will start to act like criminals
    Last edited by 410001661; March 31st, 2021 at 09:29 AM.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 410001661 View Post
    Wads of cash!!?? I sure hope you do not consider $1,300 'wads of cash' because that was the last number I heard. For $1,300 you can have the optics and the accessories off my AR but not the gun itself.

I'll keep my guns thank you very much - I cannot be bought with my own money.

Not that I am supporting this.......but the Liberals are not the only criminal organization looking to buy guns. If you had a non-restricted Beretta Storm (9mm) that is now banned I am sure the street value is far more than the $1,300 the other criminal organization is offering us for it. Maybe sweeten the seal with a couple hundred rounds of 9MM FMJ?

If you treat people like criminals they will start to act like criminals
    If gun owners act like criminals they'll be treated like criminals. It's a bit unwise to be even musing about selling a prohibited firearm and ammunition to gang bangers on a public web forum. Any gun owner who actually did it deserves a nice long stretch inside.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast