Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which ATV Tire

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Mudlites are popular but go a step further for the Mudlite XTR (extreme terrain radial) and you won’t regret it
    “You have enemies ? Good. It means you have stood up for something, sometime in your life”: Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 73hunter View Post
    Mudlites are popular but go a step further for the Mudlite XTR (extreme terrain radial) and you won’t regret it
    They work for you?
    I hated those things! I couldn't get them to hook up at all unless they were on asphalt.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I replaced the crappy stock tires on my Honda Rincon soon after I bought it in 2007 with Kenda Bearclaws. I still have them on the quad today and they still have plenty of life left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oaknut View Post
    They work for you?
    I hated those things! I couldn't get them to hook up at all unless they were on asphalt.

Radials like the XTRs are heavy with more ply(6,8,10) They are definitely designed for “Big bore” Atvs. There’s a lot of great tire choices now, size and weight is important too the size of the machine. A lot of guys think bigger/beefer is better...I was one of those guys in my younger days lol

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mauro View Post
    I replaced the crappy stock tires on my Honda Rincon soon after I bought it in 2007 with Kenda Bearclaws. I still have them on the quad today and they still have plenty of life left.

My ol man runs 26” Bear claws on his Rincon and they work amazing.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gregger17 View Post
    Radials like the XTRs are heavy with more ply(6,8,10) They are definitely designed for “Big bore” Atvs. There’s a lot of great tire choices now, size and weight is important too the size of the machine. A lot of guys think bigger/beefer is better...I was one of those guys in my younger days lol

Yeah, I see it all the time, guys throwing on 28's without any other mods and wondering why the stock bikes can keep up without issue.

I've been running 26" swamp fox tires on my 650 and they go, a little squirrely on the high speed but they do well in the woods and in snow.

For those who want the ultimate hunting tire.....

How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Yeah, I see it all the time, guys throwing on 28's without any other mods and wondering why the stock bikes can keep up without issue.

I've been running 26" swamp fox tires on my 650 and they go, a little squirrely on the high speed but they do well in the woods and in snow.

Yessir oaknut, guys do it with there pickup trucks too... it makes me laugh! I went from my stock 25” (when they were toast) too a 26” on my Grizzly 700.. love them. CST Ancla

Leads by example

User Info Menu

They work for you?

Yup they work great for me. I don’t find them too heavy and I don’t have a big displacement bike, (old 400 Outlander). I went one size over stock (25 to 26) and the difference has been excellent for me
    “You have enemies ? Good. It means you have stood up for something, sometime in your life”: Winston Churchill

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I'm loving my mud lite xl's. had them on for a few years. Although I haven't done a ton of riding with them they've gotten me through the flooded fields when the beaver damn has backed everything up

Elite Member

User Info Menu

I love the tread pattern on that tire!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123