Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat Launch open

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Default Boat Launch open

I was out for a run and I saw that Fisherman's Pier is now open for business. Pier 4 is also open but people are parking all over the spots reserved for trucks and trailers so beware. The parking restrictions (reserved spots for vehicles and boat trailers) does not start until May.

Good luck and be safe guys.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

That is great to hear, do you know if LaSalle is a go this year
    Thanks
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I was out about 2 months ago and there was still a concrete block in the middle of the launch. Next time I'm out that way I'll take a look.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I heard LaSalle is going to be closed off again this year because they still have more work to do at the marina. I'll be back in town for a few days later this week and will take a drive by as well.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
    I heard LaSalle is going to be closed off again this year because they still have more work to do at the marina. I'll be back in town for a few days later this week and will take a drive by as well.
    Thanks guys.... Frenchie, hope you are keeping well

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

The ramp was still blocked off when I was in Burlington this week. I contacted a Buddy who has a slip at LaSalle Marina and he said that the marina planned to be open for this coming season. He's not sure what the current pandemic conditions and lockdown will have on those plans. On my way home I stopped in at Cook's Bay Marina. Their ramp was chained off. They told me it would stay that way at least till next month. Boats were using the launch at the end of 89 and at IBP. There were at least 6 boats fishing. However the docks weren't installed at either location so you might have to get a little wet putting in and pulling out unless you lived nearby and got the wife to back the boat in with you and Buddy on board. Slide the boat off.. go fishing ..call her to come get you at the end of the day and drive it back onto the trailer !

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

All I have to do now is teach her to back the truck up with the boat attached. Hi Fratri... I am doing well. We survived our first winter in Muskoka. Now come blackflies. All my kids are still in the Burlington area so when we can visit I plan to bring the boat and will still be fishing Lake Ontario and Erie.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
    All I have to do now is teach her to back the truck up with the boat attached. Hi Fratri... I am doing well. We survived our first winter in Muskoka. Now come blackflies. All my kids are still in the Burlington area so when we can visit I plan to bring the boat and will still be fishing Lake Ontario and Erie.
    Frenchie, maybe we will see you on the water on Lake Ontario, would love to pick your brain on the Muskoka living... All the best

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Heard in the news that LaSalle is now charging $20 to park your boat and trailer. There is not many spots in this marina and the layout is crap - might as well head to Fishermans Pier

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Fishermen's was $17 last year if memory serves me correctly.. it's a better ramp with more parking.. I always figured C.O.B. would start charging at LaSalle.. I used to put in there because it was no charge.. I m not cheap by any means but it does add up when you put the boat in 2 or 3 times a week..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast