Thread: WMU 42

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Default WMU 42

So I just purchased 70 acres in North Monetville area, and I was wondering how the hunting is in the area.

Saw a lot of Moose sign when checking the place out (doubtful to ever get a tag but who knows). Figured there would be lots of Bears and some deer in the area as well, maybe turkey?

Waterfowl hunt the West Arm/Suckers Landing Area?

Anyone else hunt WMU 42? Any thoughts?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

my camp is in 42, by Estaire. See a decent number of moose, definitely good bear numbers, Rarely see deer, and probably get 100 moose pic's for every deer pic I get on my various trail cams.

I too hope to one day get a moose tag, but until then I focus on bears. Wish the deer population was better, but considering the fact that they still aerial spray to kill the deceduous trees, I'm not real surprised that they are limited.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FishHog View Post
    my camp is in 42, by Estaire. See a decent number of moose, definitely good bear numbers, Rarely see deer, and probably get 100 moose pic's for every deer pic I get on my various trail cams.

I too hope to one day get a moose tag, but until then I focus on bears. Wish the deer population was better, but considering the fact that they still aerial spray to kill the deceduous trees, I'm not real surprised that they are limited.
    Any elk around FishHog...?
    Burwash is next to You!
    I know-no hunting them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gbk View Post
    Any elk around FishHog...?
    Burwash is next to You!
    I know-no hunting them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    No I have never seen one or even sign of one. Would be cool though.