User Info Menu

LoL

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Isn't hunting and fishing considered essential?? Even hunting/fishing retail is open.
    "When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MihajloSimsic View Post
    Isn't hunting and fishing considered essential?? Even hunting/fishing retail is open.
    Both activities can be considered as exercise however the government, in their wisdom, doesn’t want you going to your camp or cottage to do it. As best as I can figure it out, it’s not the actual accommodation that’s the problem but the interaction with others that is the problem (food, gas, supplies). For many, this isn’t a problem as they can get to their camp/cottage without stopping. In my case I live 6 hours from deer camp and would have to stop for fuel, fast food, and supplies. I could forego fast food but don’t have room to haul fuel and I would have to stop for deer chow and mineral blocks.

Others can justify their trips as being no risk/low risk but the intent of the Order is to reduce contact amongst the population. Since I cannot make the trip without encountering others, I decided to respect the Order and stay home. The Order is far from perfect but I believe that we all have to take meaningful steps to reduce contact thus stopping the spread of COVID.
    Last edited by Sam Menard; April 13th, 2021 at 09:12 AM.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Menard View Post
    Both activities can be considered as exercise however the government, in their wisdom, doesn’t want you going to your camp or cottage to do it. As best as I can figure it out, it’s not the actual accommodation that’s the problem but the interaction with others that is the problem (food, gas, supplies). For many, this isn’t a problem as they can get to their camp/cottage without stopping. In my case I live 6 hours from deer camp and would have to stop for fuel, fast food, and supplies. I could forego fast food but don’t have room to haul fuel and I would have to stop for deer chow and mineral blocks.

Others can justify their trips as being no risk/low risk but the intent of the Order is to reduce contact amongst the population. Since I cannot make the trip without encountering others, I decided to respect the Order and stay home. The Order is far from perfect but I believe that we all have to take meaningful steps to reduce contact thus stopping the spread of COVID.
    Sam, any interactions you might have on your way to camp are a drop in the bucket compared to the thousands of truck drivers crossing the border every day and interacting with others wherever they go. Heck, we've had drivers that come to our plant "head on over to the mall for lunch" while waiting for a load. I wonder how many people standing in the McDonald's line at the mall suspect they might be standing behind a driver who just came up from Florida the night before. "The border is closed" right?

Anyway, I get that you're being respectful of the order and of the small potential that you could spread the virus to another community, but I wanted to put it in perspective. Not many people realize this is going on. As hunters we know that sometimes people think food actually comes from the grocery store.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "where a man feels at home, outside of where he's born, is where he's meant to go"
    ​- Ernest Hemingway

Elite Member

User Info Menu

pay at the pump, bring a sandwich/ food, do they ship mineral blocks/ deer chow? order it online maybe?

i get what youre saying honestly i do sam and good for you. but i for 1 honestly dont think you'll be compromising yourself or others by simply going to your deer camp for a few weeks. especially if the reason is because of the contact on the way there that you can minimize by bringing food if needed and if you need fuel just pay at the pump no contact with anyone else. just my 2 cents tho.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bowjob View Post
    pay at the pump, bring a sandwich/ food, do they ship mineral blocks/ deer chow? order it online maybe?

i get what youre saying honestly i do sam and good for you. but i for 1 honestly dont think you'll be compromising yourself or others by simply going to your deer camp for a few weeks. especially if the reason is because of the contact on the way there that you can minimize by bringing food if needed and if you need fuel just pay at the pump no contact with anyone else. just my 2 cents tho.
    For sure there are things that I could do to minimize contact with others e.g. bring a lunch and groceries but pay at the pump might not be an option up where my camp is (small town). Not sure about buying feed and minerals online but I suspect shipping charges would be cost-prohibitive. Thanks for your encouragement; however I’ll wait it out.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

For sure there are things that I could do to minimize contact with others e.g. bring a lunch and groceries but pay at the pump might not be an option up where my camp is (small town). Not sure about buying feed and minerals online but I suspect shipping charges would be cost-prohibitive. Thanks for your encouragement; however I’ll wait it out.
    fair enough,

wish you a good season none the less

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Side note. I went to Costco for a few groceries today. The grocery section was open but the hardware aisles roped off.
    The store was busy as usual. So, this begs the question. Is the virus so sophisticated to know the difference in which aisle a person is navigating?

Food for thought.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by impact View Post
    Side note. I went to Costco for a few groceries today. The grocery section was open but the hardware aisles roped off.
    The store was busy as usual. So, this begs the question. Is the virus so sophisticated to know the difference in which aisle a person is navigating?

Food for thought.
    Aisles 4,6 and 8 have a much higher contracting rates Stay away from them lol.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

lol ff
    We live in a mining/logging town were both industries are considered essential. It’s a very busy place here daily on the roads and at worksites. Except for restrictions in stores, restaurants, gyms etc you wouldn’t know there’s a lock down. Luckily Covid cases here are minimal so far. No kids at home and we’re at a stage in life we’re we pretty much have most what we need. So for me I work, do groceries and go to the camp on days off like I’ve done all my life.
    "Only dead fish go with the flow."
    Proud Member: CCFR, CSSA, OFAH, NFA.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast