Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 54

Thread: Stay at home order

  1. #31
    Leads by example

    User Info Menu

    Default

    lol ff
    We live in a mining/logging town were both industries are considered essential. Itís a very busy place here daily on the roads and at worksites. Except for restrictions in stores, restaurants, gyms etc you wouldnít know thereís a lock down. Luckily Covid cases here are minimal so far. No kids at home and weíre at a stage in life weíre we pretty much have most what we need. So for me I work, do groceries and go to the camp on days off like Iíve done all my life.
    "Only dead fish go with the flow."
    Proud Member: CCFR, CSSA, OFAH, NFA.

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #32
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by impact View Post
    Side note. I went to Costco for a few groceries today. The grocery section was open but the hardware aisles roped off.
    The store was busy as usual. So, this begs the question. Is the virus so sophisticated to know the difference in which aisle a person is navigating?

    Food for thought.
    It's not about that. It's about fairness for small businesses. In past lockdowns small businesses were shut down completely and the big stores were allowed to stay open and sell the same items. A total 100% monopoly. I doubt ever in the history of modern man has there ever been more of a wealth transfer from the middle class the to wealthy as there has been in the last year.

  4. #33
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    People have lost their minds this past year living in fear. A little common sense would go a long way. I don't want to get this thing either but when you see people walking on the sidewalk with a mask on, or driving in their cars by themselves wearing a mask, you really have to shake your head at some of the stupidity going on. I think it all started years ago when they felt they needed to put signs in bathrooms teaching people how to wash their hands. Be sensible, take precautions and keep living.

  5. #34
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    What I find funny now is the seasonal flu reports coming in. It was virtually nonexistent. No cases at all in Alberta, I believe BC was the same, and a total of 66 cases in Ontario.

    https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...a-reports.html

    https://globalnews.ca/news/7756159/a...ero-cases/amp/

    Weren't we told at the onset of all this that lockdowns were necessary to preserve the healthcare system because covid hospitalizations would occur ON TOP of all other seasonal respiratory illness hospitalizations? It would appear that one group of hospitalizations has disappeared entirely, so how are hospitals so "overwhelmed"?

    I suppose covid could be putting more people in the hospital than the seasonal flu used to, but that many more?

    Just another one of the many, many things that do not add up about all this.

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "where a man feels at home, outside of where he's born, is where he's meant to go"
    ​- Ernest Hemingway

  6. #35
    Post-a-holic

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kavanagh View Post
    People have lost their minds this past year living in fear. A little common sense would go a long way. I don't want to get this thing either but when you see people walking on the sidewalk with a mask on, or driving in their cars by themselves wearing a mask, you really have to shake your head at some of the stupidity going on. I think it all started years ago when they felt they needed to put signs in bathrooms teaching people how to wash their hands. Be sensible, take precautions and keep living.
    LOL or people driving with the gloves theve been wearing and touching things with all day in their car, i think theyre scared the virus is gunna come thru their air conditioning vents LOL

    i wonder if those people wear their masks all day at home and to sleep too

  7. #36
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GW11 View Post
    What I find funny now is the seasonal flu reports coming in. It was virtually nonexistent. No cases at all in Alberta, I believe BC was the same, and a total of 66 cases in Ontario.

    https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...a-reports.html

    https://globalnews.ca/news/7756159/a...ero-cases/amp/

    Weren't we told at the onset of all this that lockdowns were necessary to preserve the healthcare system because covid hospitalizations would occur ON TOP of all other seasonal respiratory illness hospitalizations? It would appear that one group of hospitalizations has disappeared entirely, so how are hospitals so "overwhelmed"?

    I suppose covid could be putting more people in the hospital than the seasonal flu used to, but that many more?

    Just another one of the many, many things that do not add up about all this.

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    and if you look at older news, yearly we had to cancel surgeries during the Flu season, due to surge in hospitals and ICU beds being full.

    this year, we are 80% full only. I havent seen any date showing more sick ppl than 2018 this year.

    Strange part is, with all the smartphones and cameras, we dont have any images of these "Full" ICUs.
    CCFR, OFAH Member
    Its all about the Journey

  8. #37
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowjob View Post
    LOL or people driving with the gloves theve been wearing and touching things with all day in their car, i think theyre scared the virus is gunna come thru their air conditioning vents LOL

    i wonder if those people wear their masks all day at home and to sleep too
    Very likely. Some people seem to have great difficulty with critical thinking for themselves. They tend to believe everything they hear and see on TV,either that or they're just plain NUTS!
    Never argue on social media. Every classroom had a kid that ate paste and that's likely who you're arguing with.

  9. #38
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Maybe this is why they want us to stay home.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/9568...8847767317344/

  10. #39
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Hospitals were overwhelmed and at capacity 2 months ago, 2 years ago, 5 years ago, 20 years ago. We were ALWAYS hearing there were no beds available. Nothing changes except for the reason that the same beds are always full. Keep yelling WOLF!!! and the sheep are going to start ignoring the yelling.
    John

  11. #40
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by canadaman30 View Post
    Maybe this is why they want us to stay home.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/9568...8847767317344/
    A great attack add for the Conservatives with an election looming,
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •