Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9.9 vs 15hp extra costs (insurance, registration)

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    I just renewed my registration at no cost, on line. It’s good for 10 years. As far as insurance, there’s no requirement, thus no proof of insurance required, unless as previously mentioned, you have your boat moored in a marina. They may require insurance.
    I pay a little over $300.00 for my 18 ft aluminum and 75 tiller, all perils and replacement coverage. As Trimmer said, it’s a good idea !
    As litigious as society has gone, I won’t go without insurance coverage.
    Never knew you had to renew a boat registration. I tried looking on the government site and found nothing stating that, only how to get a repalcement certificate...

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
    Never knew you had to renew a boat registration. I tried looking on the government site and found nothing stating that, only how to get a repalcement certificate...
    Well here it is: Renewing or updating a Pleasure Craft Licence

A Pleasure Craft Licence that was issued or updated after 2010 is valid for 10 years. At the end of that period, you must renew your licence.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    Well here it is: Renewing or updating a Pleasure Craft Licence

A Pleasure Craft Licence that was issued or updated after 2010 is valid for 10 years. At the end of that period, you must renew your licence.
    Thanks, guess I missed that page. So am I correct that since I licensed my boat prior to 2010, I don't need to renew it? It only states those after 2010 are required to renew every 10 years

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
    Thanks, guess I missed that page. So am I correct that since I licensed my boat prior to 2010, I don't need to renew it? It only states those after 2010 are required to renew every 10 years
    By the looks of it, you should be ok as long as your address, etc is still the same. There's no cost..so far.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12