Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Remington Ammo is Back

  1. #11
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SongDog View Post
    Federal Barnes Expander 20gauge are closest to Accutips I've seen. They are same weight and same speed. Few guys I know that have tested them say they fly similar to Accu tips. They are shooting Savage 220 and Benelli M2 rifled barrel

    Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
    Those were the ones I was hoping would shoot well in my rifled 20ga SX3 but they would not. I used them in my old 870 12ga and they performed better on deer than the accutips.

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #12
    Has all the answers

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    OK,they have the ammo end on a roll. That's great news,indeed. Now,let's see what happens with the firearm end. I can't wait to see what Sturm,Ruger does with the Marlin brand.

    As a cast bullet fan, one could hope they might drop Marlin's micro-grooving and go back to regular rifling. Cast conical bullets pass down that micro-grooving like they are being shot through a smooth bore.

    You don't stop hunting because you grow old. You grow old because you stop hunting.
    - Gun Nut

  4. #13
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cantgetright View Post
    Those were the ones I was hoping would shoot well in my rifled 20ga SX3 but they would not. I used them in my old 870 12ga and they performed better on deer than the accutips.
    Do the Accutips shoot good out of the SX3 though?

    Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

    -Ted Nugent

  5. #14
    Has all the answers

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    OK,they have the ammo end on a roll. That's great news,indeed. Now,let's see what happens with the firearm end. I can't wait to see what Sturm,Ruger does with the Marlin brand.
    As a cast bullet fan, one might hope they drop Marlinís micro-grooving and go back to regular rifling. Conical cast bullets pass down that micro-grooving like they are being shot through a smooth bore.

    You donít stop hunting because you grow old. You grow old because you stop hunting.
    - Gun Nut

  6. #15
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SongDog View Post
    Do the Accutips shoot good out of the SX3 though?

    Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
    Yes the accutips shot great, made a smiley face with each slug touching at 75yds. I think the others I tried were barnes expanders, hornady sst, and win partition gold and none of them gave me anything that looked like a grouping at all. Spent 2 days sighting in a scope. Had to quit the first day, I was getting worked up,had me thinking it was the gun or the scope. The accutips were the last ones I tried, should have tried them first. lol

  7. #16
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    The AccuTip is the preferred choice for my Savage 20 gauge. Expensive but gets the job done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •