Thread: Buying land for duck hunting

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Buying land for duck hunting

I’m interested in buying land for waterfowl hunting. What are your guys suggestions for location and realistic budget?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

https://www.fcc-fac.ca/en/knowledge/...es-report.html

look up the report for values in each region. oxford is like 30 k an acre while others like grey bruce are lower, but thats changing quick. the further north you go the cheaper it can get.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpete87 View Post
    I’m interested in buying land for waterfowl hunting. What are your guys suggestions for location and realistic budget?
    If your looking strictly for a large duck marsh I see very few ever for sale and if and when they come up they are very expensive.
    There appears to be a hunting cohort out there who love their duck hunting and have deep pockets. Small duck pond's are generally included in 100 acre parcel's and the recent prices are crazy high.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    If your looking strictly for a large duck marsh I see very few ever for sale and if and when they come up they are very expensive.
    There appears to be a hunting cohort out there who love their duck hunting and have deep pockets. Small duck pond's are generally included in 100 acre parcel's and the recent prices are crazy high.

Do you think its a better route to buy land and build a pond than to find marshland for sale?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Buy land that has a field and swamp.

Plant corn or rice and flood it in the fall. Hopefully the ducks roost in your swamp and feed in your field.

When to hunt it to not bust roosts is the question hahah

Id buy within 2sq miles of Luther Marsh.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

-Ted Nugent

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Do you think its a better route to buy land and build a pond than to find marshland for sale?
    You’ll get grant for the pond

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Introduce some beavers, instant pond

Quote Originally Posted by js4fn View Post
    You’ll get grant for the pond

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Buy land with lots of water on it hopefully near a Refuge and be prepared to spend millions to do it.
    Good Luck & Good Hunting !

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Wish I had 1.2million laying around...Likely sold for 3x as much though...

https://www.landsalelistings.com/can...e-lodge-lukes/

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

-Ted Nugent

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

You would have more success just scouting and hunting than buying any single parcel unless you are prepared to buy 4 separate 25 acre parcels near big water. I would plant and flood corn on all of those parcels and just rotate my hunts with all my buddies through those. Heck, open a club to pay for it all.