Canadian Police take Government to Court over Covid 19 Enforcement Duties

https://policeonguard.ca/canadian-po...cement-duties/

https://www.constitutionalrightscentre.ca/

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Woah, good for them. I understand the need for people to use sound judgement to stop the spread of COVID, but I also think these draconian policies by government are not the way to go. Particularly when they want to lock us all up in our homes, but up to recently continued to allow planes from other countries come in with COVID (and I'm sure that hasn't been completely eliminated given there are still planes coming in from all over the place).

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB View Post
    Woah, good for them. I understand the need for people to use sound judgement to stop the spread of COVID, but I also think these draconian policies by government are not the way to go. Particularly when they want to lock us all up in our homes, but up to recently continued to allow planes from other countries come in with COVID (and I'm sure that hasn't been completely eliminated given there are still planes coming in from all over the place).
    Yes we should be open and let the people be responsible for their own actions. Not the government telling us to stay home with stay at home orders closing down businesses. We the people need to be responsible for our own actions .

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fishfood View Post
    Yes we should be open and let the people be responsible for their own actions. Not the government telling us to stay home with stay at home orders closing down businesses. We the people need to be responsible for our own actions .

That would be good if our society had common sense but there are groups of people that lack that and everyone suffers. Two weeks ago I went for a run with my dog and down my the lake there were people 3-4 deep - you would think that there was a festival going on. The worst part it is painfully obvious that these people are not local residents but people that have come from Milton/Brampton/Mississauga. You cannot fix stupid.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

this might just give trudeau the "excuse" to say sorry I HAD TO use the military in your cities and towns since the police didnt want to to their job to "keep us safe"

Elite Member

User Info Menu

I think the government should (a) put policies in place to help people understand HOW TO avoid transmission, and how to help the situation. I also think that based on scientific DATA, the government should be allowed to close things down ... but it better be based on good data. Unfortunately some people will always resist or revolt because there is some bigger priority in their minds ... so it shouldn't be a free for all ... but this draconian style of police can stop and question you anywhere if you are outside, or shutting down the entire province ... that is nonsense.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB View Post
    I think the government should (a) put policies in place to help people understand HOW TO avoid transmission, and how to help the situation. I also think that based on scientific DATA, the government should be allowed to close things down ... but it better be based on good data. Unfortunately some people will always resist or revolt because there is some bigger priority in their minds ... so it shouldn't be a free for all ... but this draconian style of police can stop and question you anywhere if you are outside, or shutting down the entire province ... that is nonsense.
    Agreed

Open up with some education some common sense will go along way lol.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

The last couple of vidoes we've seen the Bylaw officer does all the talking and the cops stand off to the side navel gazing.

The protest in Kemptville was pretty much the same..they came issued the 'Health Covid Rules' then left..

They really don't have their heart in it anymore....especially as they know most of the violations are going to be tossed by the judge.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Agreed

Open up with some education some common sense will go along way lol.

Unfortunately, “common sense”, isn’t that “common” any more !!
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 410001661 View Post
    That would be good if our society had common sense but there are groups of people that lack that and everyone suffers. Two weeks ago I went for a run with my dog and down my the lake there were people 3-4 deep - you would think that there was a festival going on. The worst part it is painfully obvious that these people are not local residents but people that have come from Milton/Brampton/Mississauga. You cannot fix stupid.
    That's the thing many are not listening protests every week shops trying to stay afloat getting shut. People still going to their second residents ,traveling ,working going to park or fishing or a hunt.

Rd are still busy Friday stings of traffic heading north . The list goes on some are taking it more serious as they should they could be at risk. But to kill off more jobs and businesses then it has killed people is nonsense . These half as rules are nothing more than a joke.

You wouldn't need deep pockets if you let the economy keep running and let the people decide. If we are killing jobs more than people we have a problem .

How many of us have deep pockets? Some ya many no

If you already have deep pockets your probably ok for a liberal fund lol. They like to give those deep pocket corporation's funds for big money .
    They probably didn't need it but ok ok compliments of us tax payers. You know all the ones that could of used that extra little bit. Even if it just a little

Let the people be responsible for their own actions. It's not the government's fault if I start or attend a party.

If not just blame the guns. Lmao

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast