Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 113

Thread: moose results

  1. #51
    Leads by example

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fratri View Post
    Can the group combine their points to improve the odds or is that not allowed
    No-it is not allowed- maybe it would be closer then to the old system then to the new one ....

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #52
    Borderline Spammer

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Don't need to combine this new system is good as the old for me
    I got a tag again the same area as in the past with 2 point ,
    We going for a Moose hunt ...
    Quote Originally Posted by gbk View Post
    No-it is not allowed- maybe it would be closer then to the old system then to the new one ....

  4. #53
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    In my opinion the catastrophic blunder/failure of this new system is not having group applications, you could still use the point system but allow a group application draw a tag and out.
    The core moose units with 8 hrs of the GTA are still going to be a challenge to acquire a tag.
    The units with low quotas and high applications will just increase in points every year, sharing a tag would at least give more hunters the opportunity to hunt.
    I hope I am wrong.
    Our group had one member draw a tag.

  5. #54
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I don't like this new system at all.

    No one has any idea how it will work as there are too many variables. With the guaranteed group size there was certainty that if you met a certain # of applications, the group would get a tag and you could safely plan your hunt every year. I am not sure what was wrong with that; moose hunting IMO is not a lone wolf activity.

    Also it's not fair even to those with high point counts. If someone has 20 points and the WMU applied to say only needs 10 points for a tag, then is it fair that the point count should be reset to zero versus 10 points deducted? I think not.

    Enjoy your moose tags those of you with high points as it will be a long time before you get another.

  6. #55
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fratri View Post
    Can the group combine their points to improve the odds or is that not allowed
    No - and that's a good thing. Part of the problem with the old system was including people who would never hunt in a group to get the minimum group size required to get a tag.

  7. #56
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahuntr300 View Post
    Congrats, but one tag every 14 years? Sad, unless you go with a large enough group that you can rotate who claims a tag each year.
    If you want to hunt in a group - that's how you are expected to do it. Apply every year and only accept one tag per year.

  8. #57
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by werner.reiche View Post
    No - and that's a good thing. Part of the problem with the old system was including people who would never hunt in a group to get the minimum group size required to get a tag.
    Fundamentally that is the problem with this new system, ghost hunters just became more valuable as this point system moves forward.

  9. #58
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gibb View Post
    Fundamentally that is the problem with this new system, ghost hunters just became more valuable as this point system moves forward.
    I'm not sure I agree. "Ghost hunters" have effectively been eliminated with the new system. Even if a "ghost hunter" applies and gets a tag,they still must be present,hunting partners must still have a license and once the tag is filled,the hunt is over for everybody (unless someone in the camp has another tag.) "Ghost hunters" could always transfer their tag to another in the party which was the impetus for "ghosts" in the first place. Transfers have also been eliminated (save the most dire circumstances like the hunter with the tag dies),transfers are allowed ONCE and the transferee's tag count automatically resets to zero. This new system greatly tightens up data collection from who was issued the tag,for which WMU who shot what and when and hunter reporting data may be easily tracked and verified if need be. Filing false data like what happened in the past will have some significant consequences. I believe it needed to happen. There's no way the old system could be sustained without radical changes.
    If you're too big to do the little things that count,you're too little to do the big things that really count.

  10. #59
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trimmer21 View Post
    I'm not sure I agree. "Ghost hunters" have effectively been eliminated with the new system. Even if a "ghost hunter" applies and gets a tag,they still must be present,hunting partners must still have a license and once the tag is filled,the hunt is over for everybody (unless someone in the camp has another tag.) "Ghost hunters" could always transfer their tag to another in the party which was the impetus for "ghosts" in the first place. Transfers have also been eliminated (save the most dire circumstances like the hunter with the tag dies),transfers are allowed ONCE and the transferee's tag count automatically resets to zero. This new system greatly tightens up data collection from who was issued the tag,for which WMU who shot what and when and hunter reporting data may be easily tracked and verified if need be. Filing false data like what happened in the past will have some significant consequences. I believe it needed to happen. There's no way the old system could be sustained without radical changes.
    Anybody who applies in the system has to have a outdoors card and a license so they qualify as a hunter, the new system does nothing to prevent this,
    Going forward the only thing that will matter is points.

  11. #60
    Has all the answers

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Agree 100% trimmer
    Guns have two enemies................rust and government

    OFAH and CCFR member

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •