Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789101112

Thread: moose results

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I didn;t draw a tag , in 47 . Will likely go to camp anyway. There are lots of other seasons open at that time. Deer bow, grouse, bear our area is crawling with wolves. Cut some firewood. Great time of year , have a holiday. Deer gun season , starts shortly after, do some scouting and trail clearing. I have been buying a wolf tag, the last couple of years, hope to fill it. Saw cows the last couple of years, never see calves. Between the wolves and bears and hunting, not a very good survival rate. I guess I am saying , if you really want a hunting trip, adjust your plans a bit. If you have lemons , make lemonade. old243

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by old243 View Post
    I didn;t draw a tag , in 47 . Will likely go to camp anyway. There are lots of other seasons open at that time. Deer bow, grouse, bear our area is crawling with wolves. Cut some firewood. Great time of year , have a holiday. Deer gun season , starts shortly after, do some scouting and trail clearing. I have been buying a wolf tag, the last couple of years, hope to fill it. Saw cows the last couple of years, never see calves. Between the wolves and bears and hunting, not a very good survival rate. I guess I am saying , if you really want a hunting trip, adjust your plans a bit. If you have lemons , make lemonade. old243
    That's the spirit! Don't let a little thing as no moose tag stop you from enjoying the outdoors! I would also say go and buy a moose license anyway, you never know when you are out there you could hook up with a hunter with a tag that needs some help and party hunt with them. You could also buy a bear tag and hunt bears as well during that time. Also bring your fishing pole, its nice to fish those quiet areas when there is no pressure to get a moose.

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by old243 View Post
    Good attitude to have. Hunting is more than harvesting an animal
    Guns have two enemies................rust and government

OFAH and CCFR member

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

I've never hunted moose, but maybe long into the future I will. With that being said, can I build up points by purchasing the license without entering a tag draw? I don't like the idea of taking an opportunity (tag) that I don't plan to use.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dean.f View Post
    I've never hunted moose, but maybe long into the future I will. With that being said, can I build up points by purchasing the license without entering a tag draw? I don't like the idea of taking an opportunity (tag) that I don't plan to use.
    Yes. You just need to choose WMU 99Z in the drop down

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Thanks, I just did it.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789101112