Thread: First sighting today

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Default First sighting today

Saw my first sighting of goslings today. Can't believe with the weather we've been having that they actually sat on a nest and got them to hatch out. 4 in all.. They should be able to have another hatch I would think
    SkyBlue Big Game Blueticks

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bo D View Post
    Saw my first sighting of goslings today. Can't believe with the weather we've been having that they actually sat on a nest and got them to hatch out. 4 in all.. They should be able to have another hatch I would think
    Yep ! I saw a bunch of little yellow puff balls yesterday. They couldn’t have been more than a couple days old....
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I've had a nesting pair on the island in my back pond that I was closely watching for a few weeks. About a week ago, another pair with two goslings wandered in from a neighboring property and the feathers were flying as the males went at it. They seemed to resolve their differences for the most part as the newcomers kept largely to the side pond. However, the 'resident' goose abandoned her nest on Saturday. I guess that cold snap was just too much and could even explain why the newcomers only had two eggs survive. Still time for a second attempt I'm sure.
    CCFR Member

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

i think this cold weather we have been having is impacting the numbers. Hope they have a second and maybe a third hatch. I have seen 2 separate duck hatches in a near by creek, 1 had only 4 ducklings and the other only 1. Normally I see about 8 to 10 in each group.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Smile

Hi, oh the little goslings are adorable)))) Congratulations on the brood!))