Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: searching for "waterproof" pants

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish-Kya View Post
    I got my first GorTex Jacket and Pants in 1999 after graduating college (MEC branded). After 10yrs on a canoe trip the membrane failed after all the proper care and basically functioned as wet cotton for the duration of a short canoe trip. That being said the Gortex warranty is "Guaranteed to keep you dry for life". The garments where intact and I contacted Gortex Canada answered a few questions and provided some photos. I was asked to ship them (at my cost about $20) for testing to Alberta. Shortly after got an email asking to send them brand, color and size (had to be same weight material) of what I wanted them replaced with. Arctyrex branded "Gortex Pro" jacket and pants showed up in the mail. About 8yrs later with that jacket a pit zip weld failed. Same process about $20 bucks in shipping. New coat. The second set of pants are still going strong with proper care. Love the wool clothing as well depending on what I am up to. But Gortex has a great warranty on their products.
    I've had a similar experience with Patagonia (more hiking focused than hunting) the membrane around the neck area of my jacket failed and not only did they replace it but they sent me a model that was easily one or two price points above my original.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I will give another vote for wool pants. They are good in wet or snow and keep you warm. old243

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123