User Info Menu

Wool pants with the nano waterproofing spray

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Elite Member

User Info Menu

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08FD82FWN/...ing=UTF8&psc=1

I ended up grabbing a pair of these. Came in the mail the other day and I'm pretty pleased with them. I ran them under water and they just beaded right off the material. Only thing I'm a little worried about is if they do end up getting wet the inside is fleece and I doubt it will dry quick. Really comfy and warm tho. I haven't brought them out yet to warm for them. I'm thinking I might use them in the deer season possibly as a under layer.

Or maybe in the fall

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

For that price you can't even buy good long johns at Marks. No real risk there.

Fleece drys pretty fast. Probably just have to turn them inside out and hang them - preferably close to the woodstove. Hang in the pm dry in the am.
    They say a man turns old when sorrow and regret take the place of hope and dreams

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Species8472 View Post
    For that price you can't even buy good long johns at Marks. No real risk there.

Fleece drys pretty fast. Probably just have to turn them inside out and hang them - preferably close to the woodstove. Hang in the pm dry in the am.
    the belt that comes with them is useless will be using it to strap things to my pack maybe.

appreciate that tip, im pretty satisfied with the purchase. they could be a tinnnny bit quieter, but they arent baggy so your leg pants dont really swipe eachother and cause noise either way, will most likley be using them in the winter for a under layer/ substitute long jons haha

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Wool.

If its really pouring, wear the rubber gear.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Never had an issue with my Gore-Tex stuff not being waterproof. DWR in many of these garments requires regular washing a drying to keep it waterproof -- and eventually requires reapplication. I use Nikwax soap in the machine when washing and Nikwax TX Direct when the DWR wears off. Merino wool base layers always.

I learned a while ago that you truly do get what you pay for. Buy once, cry once.

-N.
    Last edited by Sprite; May 25th, 2021 at 11:24 AM.
    Krete

Bills n' Thrills.

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

always had good luck with rivers west gear, but this year my buddy got killer deal on sitka for m i will let you know

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Sitka gortex pants are sale at Cabela's now:

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/78315...ns-delta-pants

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I got my first GorTex Jacket and Pants in 1999 after graduating college (MEC branded). After 10yrs on a canoe trip the membrane failed after all the proper care and basically functioned as wet cotton for the duration of a short canoe trip. That being said the Gortex warranty is "Guaranteed to keep you dry for life". The garments where intact and I contacted Gortex Canada answered a few questions and provided some photos. I was asked to ship them (at my cost about $20) for testing to Alberta. Shortly after got an email asking to send them brand, color and size (had to be same weight material) of what I wanted them replaced with. Arctyrex branded "Gortex Pro" jacket and pants showed up in the mail. About 8yrs later with that jacket a pit zip weld failed. Same process about $20 bucks in shipping. New coat. The second set of pants are still going strong with proper care. Love the wool clothing as well depending on what I am up to. But Gortex has a great warranty on their products.
    Last edited by Bish-Kya; August 20th, 2021 at 12:27 PM.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish-Kya View Post
    I got my first GorTex Jacket and Pants in 1999 after graduating college (MEC branded). After 10yrs on a canoe trip the membrane failed after all the proper care and basically functioned as wet cotton for the duration of a short canoe trip. That being said the Gortex warranty is "Guaranteed to keep you dry for life". The garments where intact and I contacted Gortex Canada answered a few questions and provided some photos. I was asked to ship them (at my cost about $20) for testing to Alberta. Shortly after got an email asking to send them brand, color and size (had to be same weight material) of what I wanted them replaced with. Arctyrex branded "Gortex Pro" jacket and pants showed up in the mail. About 8yrs later with that jacket a pit zip weld failed. Same process about $20 bucks in shipping. New coat. The second set of pants are still going strong with proper care. Love the wool clothing as well depending on what I am up to. But Gortex has a great warranty on their products.
    very good to know. that will prob be my next purchase.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast