View Poll Results: Do you use solunar tables or atmospheric pressure to make decisions on fishing and hunting outings?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 25.71%
  • No

26 74.29%

Thread: Polling our readers - June 2021

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Polling our readers - June 2021

In this issue we ask, "Do you use solunar tables or atmospheric pressure to make decisions on fishing and hunting outings?"
    Weigh in here or vote on our home page at https://oodmag.com/

apple cover.jpg

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I've never had any luck,at all,with Solunar tables. I learned when I was just a little kid to watch the weather. Wind from the east,fish bite least. Wind from west,fish bite best.
    Society needs to stop bending to the will of the delusional.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

In regards to hunting ruts: the only table that is 100% accurate is the "Generic astronomy calculator" . It's used to calculate times for sunrise, sunset, moonrise, moonset for many cities, with daylight saving time and time zones taken in.

In other words the 'weather' has little to nothing to do with the estrus cycle...that is triggered based on hours of daylight.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

We try and book our yearly trip around a new or full moon. I’m not really sure if it makes a difference. If anything, the moon in the sky at night is beautiful to watch.
    Other than that I go fishing when I have time so the tables don’t affect my fishing. Damn work gets in the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I’m sure it makes a difference, I just don’t seem to be able to figure it right. lol. It was easier for me to figure out Moose. If you hunt Deer in high pressure areas, they go nocturnal and/or move out real quick.
    "Only dead fish go with the flow."
    Proud Member: CCFR, CSSA, OFAH, NFA.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

When a Speckled Trout is hungry, it eats.
    TS

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Mating seasons and migration are two items that are triggered by lighting clues. In part by the length of daylight to darkness periodicity. Another factor that may play into it is the level of light intensity. The proximity of the earth to our sun plays out in the earth’s orbital path. At the time of the spring equinox the sun is further away from the sun than during the fall equinox so the spring mating season is more prolonged than the fall pseudo-mating season the latter being scarcely a blip in the behavior patterns of some of the species. This may suggest that sunlight intensity as well as periodicity plays something of a role. I’m still recalling a grouse apparently drumming away for a mate late into the deer season, I’m not exactly sure what may have upset his endogenous clock.

You don’t stop hunting because you grow old. You grow old because you stop hunting.
    - Gun Nut