Thread: Seen first fawn this morning may 12

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Default Seen first fawn this morning may 12

Mom stole my turkey lol

Had Tom 60’ to my side all sudden it booked it into bush. Could see it with two does. 30 minutes later this doe walked out with cute fawn. To far to get great picture

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

This doe just walked by think she still carrying

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Cool. Using a 200-day gestation period, the doe would have been bred around October 20th last.
    A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. - S. Pope

Elite Member

User Info Menu

interesting, my dad had some hens infront of him the other day, then 3 deer came out the bush to say hi and they didnt even bat an eye at them, maybe its a tom thing?

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Nice to see this kind of thing. Spring fawn! Fun part of Turkey hunting - you get to see the whole world wake up around you. I had a bobolink land on my boot one year. His song sounded like the bleeps and bloops from R2D2 in Star Wars. I guess my camo worked. He must have thought I was a rock.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

3 fawns I’ve seen so far doe this morning looks real close she’s big

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

May 21. Be careful out in pastures almost ran over this one. Seen mom 75’ in the evergreen line.

Stay calm he cant see me

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Menard View Post
    Cool. Using a 200-day gestation period, the doe would have been bred around October 20th last.
    I think you'll find that it's actually October 25th, if you were to use the approximate 200-day gestation period. Unfortunately it's difficult to determine gestation in wild deer, only approximate.
    We do know the seasons play a big role in gestation and arguably we're at least a week ahead judging by the greenery and that being the important nutrient for doe's to lactate.
    I could still see the possibility of a November breeding instead of October.
    It's always been a great topic for debate.
    Last edited by onelessarrow; May 21st, 2021 at 10:11 PM.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

June 09