Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 84

Thread: Port Hope COVID discrimination

  1. #71
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    If it was opp checking they have the right

    It's as simple as asking for a license then add another ticket for breaking the travel rule's.


    If they ask for a fishing license it give reason to ask where you are from. Just a loophole on their end.

    Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #72
    Post-a-holic

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badenoch View Post
    Not sure why you are obsessed with my opinion on a question that is really not mine to answer but if it matters so much that you're going to shout about it the answer is yes and no.

    For people who need to fish to feed themselves it is essential.

    For jackasses living outside the region who violate the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act, drive to Port Hope and cast lines in the Ganaraksa simply to amuse themselves and relieve lockdown boredom it is non-essential.

    Happy now?
    You're opinion??? You've been outright telling us what you're opinion is from your very first post.

    OK, so from what you are saying that anyone that is outside of Port Hope that needs to fish to feed their family ... it is essential ... good.
    Let them fish! COPS HAVE NO RIGHT TO STOP THEM. PERIOD.

  4. #73
    Post-a-holic

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishfood View Post
    If it was opp checking they have the right

    It's as simple as asking for a license then add another ticket for breaking the travel rule's.


    If they ask for a fishing license it give reason to ask where you are from. Just a loophole on their end.

    Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
    See this video, taken Sunday, May 16th ... go to 4 minute mark. Doesn't look like an OPP badge on that sleeve to me!

    https://youtu.be/8HU9I4deaxA

    Here's a snapshot from that video:

    PortHope.jpg

  5. #74
    Has all the answers

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkB View Post
    You're opinion??? You've been outright telling us what you're opinion is from your very first post.

    OK, so from what you are saying that anyone that is outside of Port Hope that needs to fish to feed their family ... it is essential ... good.
    Let them fish! COPS HAVE NO RIGHT TO STOP THEM. PERIOD.
    Fishing may be "essential" but going to Port Hope to do it is not. Anyone from outside Port Hope who has the means to drive over a hundred kilometers to fish isn't doing so because they need to feed their family.

  6. #75
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badenoch View Post
    Fishing may be "essential" but going to Port Hope to do it is not. Anyone from outside Port Hope who has the means to drive over a hundred kilometers to fish isn't doing so because they need to feed their family.
    "If you are given a ticket and wish to dispute it on Charter grounds (such as section 7 – right to liberty;
    or s. 2 (c) – peaceful assembly), you should take a photo or scan of the ticket (both sides), indicate on
    the ticket that you wish to plead “not guilty” and request a trial, and then contact the Justice Centre
    for consideration of your case."

    https://www.jccf.ca/wp-content/uploa...freedoms-1.pdf

  7. #76
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    So you broke the law. I suggest you give up your drivers license.

    I see laws broken every single day. Drive down my road the speed limit is 80 everyone does 90 - 100. I have many time been right behind the Police doing 95.

    Point is we break laws every day especially if they are silly or stupid laws.

    I will be out camping this weekend, I have a higher chance of dying from a heart attack (My family history shows that) then I do from Covid. I will take my chances but I am not going to stay in my house and potentially die of a heart attack not enjoying my life. My son will be with me and my best friend who lives these days as a hermit. I will be less likely to contact Covid then you going to the store.

    Quote Originally Posted by Badenoch View Post
    Sure. But I do not go out driving with the intent of breaking the law so any excess speed is inadvertent. I also accept the consequences of my actions and unlike the anti-lockdown lunkheads don't whine and complain about my Charter rights being violated.
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013)

  8. #77
    Post-a-holic

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badenoch View Post
    Fishing may be "essential" but going to Port Hope to do it is not. Anyone from outside Port Hope who has the means to drive over a hundred kilometers to fish isn't doing so because they need to feed their family.
    So if someone that lives in a Suburb that has no rivers ... then you are saying they cannot fish.
    How priviledged it must be to live in Port Hope then ... and have access to a river that is managed at the Provincial level ...
    and be able to boot out all your provincial residents! Maybe we should boot everyone out of Lake Ontario then too, because
    their town doesn't boarder the water line ... oh, wait, that sounds to pompous doesn't it? WELL, it's basically the SAME thing
    as what you are proposing ...

    YOU do not get to choose things like this ...

  9. #78
    Post-a-holic

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    So you broke the law. I suggest you give up your drivers license.

    I see laws broken every single day. Drive down my road the speed limit is 80 everyone does 90 - 100. I have many time been right behind the Police doing 95.

    Point is we break laws every day especially if they are silly or stupid laws.

    I will be out camping this weekend, I have a higher chance of dying from a heart attack (My family history shows that) then I do from Covid. I will take my chances but I am not going to stay in my house and potentially die of a heart attack not enjoying my life. My son will be with me and my best friend who lives these days as a hermit. I will be less likely to contact Covid then you going to the store.
    Not to mention that EVERYONE on the highway is going 120 km/h (and higher) ... so we may as well give the whole of Ontario tickets.

    99% of people who are speeding, likely know they are speeding ...

  10. #79
    Post-a-holic

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badenoch View Post
    Fishing may be "essential" but going to Port Hope to do it is not. Anyone from outside Port Hope who has the means to drive over a hundred kilometers to fish isn't doing so because they need to feed their family.
    Anyhow, you either call it essential, or not. If it's not essential (like you say ... I'm going to guess the person in Port Hope doesn't need the fish to survive) ... then Port Hope needs to CLOSE THAT RIVER ACCESS TO all residents and non-residents alike. The threat of transmitting COVID is no less when in close contact with a person who is a resident or non-resident. The virus does not discriminate, like Port Hope does.

    So based on that scientific principle ... they need to shut EVERYTHING down now, ASAP.

    God help us.

  11. #80
    Has all the answers

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkB View Post
    Anyhow, you either call it essential, or not. If it's not essential (like you say ... I'm going to guess the person in Port Hope doesn't need the fish to survive) ... then Port Hope needs to CLOSE THAT RIVER ACCESS TO all residents and non-residents alike. The threat of transmitting COVID is no less when in close contact with a person who is a resident or non-resident. The virus does not discriminate, like Port Hope does.

    So based on that scientific principle ... they need to shut EVERYTHING down now, ASAP.

    God help us.
    The difference is they live there. There is (was?) a stay-at-home order in effect.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •