Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scope for rimfire

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Scope for rimfire

I’ve been trying to find a new scope for my 22LR without any luck! I can only find high end rifles scopes which isn’t what I’m looking for! Has anyone any ideas about Vortex Optics Crossfire II 2-7x32?
    https://www.ellettbrothers.com/rimfire/
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Bolivar; June 20th, 2021 at 10:13 AM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Welcome aboard ! Vortex scopes are very good. Having said that, have you looked into a Bushnell Banner? They are a good scope that won’t break the bank.
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

The one I’d like is bushnell prime 4x12 x40 with side focus.
    A little more power for targets and side focus to help make it clear at any range.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

I have the Vortex crossfire II 2-7 on my 10-22 and I think its a perfect rimfire scope for its price for plinking type shooting and hunting.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

AIM Sports 4X32 Compact Mil-Dot Scope on my 10/22 takedown.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    I’ve been trying to find a new scope for my 22LR without any luck! I can only find high end rifles scopes which isn’t what I’m looking for! Has anyone any ideas about Vortex Optics Crossfire II 2-7x32?
    Thanks!
    I have that scope on a 30-30. To be honest, I am not crazy about it. If you are just using the 22 for hunting, or something other than precision shooting, I would just throw practically any old scope on it and not spend the extra money to get the Vortex. The Crossfire II is not an expensive scope, but you can probably find any old used Bushnell for cheaper that would be fine for a hunting 22.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I put a tasco air 2-7x32 with AO on a 22 a few months back. AO or side focus is one feature I like on all my rimfires, and I was looking for something for under $100 for this one. It performs well for my purpose.
    Last edited by cantgetright; May 28th, 2021 at 12:28 PM.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Check out Scorpion Optics. They have numerous reasonably priced rimfire options and I have had good luck with them.

Additionally I believe they are Canadian owned.

Edit:

Just checked their website and not as many options as I remember but still a few. I have one of their 3-9 Marksmen rimfire for 9 or 10 years on a 17 hmr and it has performed fine.
    Last edited by Species8472; May 28th, 2021 at 03:58 PM.
    They say a man turns old when sorrow and regret take the place of hope and dreams

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Species8472 View Post
    Check out Scorpion Optics. They have numerous reasonably priced rimfire options and I have had good luck with them.

Additionally I believe they are Canadian owned.
    Another Canadian owned company selling optics made in China.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by canadaman30 View Post
    Another Canadian owned company selling optics made in China.
    And your point is?

Unless you spend a lot (>$1.5K) most glass comes from China or the Philippines and some mid range stuff from Japan no matter who owns the company. At least some of the money stays in Canada and employs Canadians if you buy from a Canadian company.
    Last edited by Species8472; May 28th, 2021 at 09:39 PM.
    They say a man turns old when sorrow and regret take the place of hope and dreams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast