Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pandemic Service

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Default Pandemic Service

I tell you getting service is next to impossible during COVID. I ordered a swim platform from my local marina over the winter and said let me know when it comes in and I will bring my boat over to have them install it. It arrived on April 6th and I called April 20th to get an app't to get it installed - I left them 2 VM's and 3 emails and they just went dead. I finally called and spoke to someone and they gave me an install date of June 1st.......I dropped it off that morning at 10AM and as of yet it is still not done. I am calling EOB Wednesday and if it is still not done I will just pick up my boat and they can keep the platform (I have not paid for it yet).

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Sounds like a marina to be avoided by everyone!
    You should post their name so others don’t get hit by this bad service.
    I ran into this kind of crappy service from Pt. Colborne Marine last year, and will never go back!
    These places need to learn that poor service will cost them by word-of-mouth reporting!
    Last edited by genec; June 8th, 2021 at 02:46 PM.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

I don't think this is an isolated case. Broke the boat out of winter hibernation this weekend only too discover the outboard has some major issues. Made a few calls around working vaughan outwards and have yet to find a repair shop that will look at it before september.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Maybe you need to forget the big dealers and look for the little guys.
    After my dealer problems I found a Mercury mechanic who used to work for the dealer for 15 years, then quit in disgust and set up his own repair shop at home. Took 2 different boats to him in a year, and both were repaired within a week of taking them in.

Mod Squad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by genec View Post
    Maybe you need to forget the big dealers and look for the little guys.
    After my dealer problems I found a Mercury mechanic who used to work for the dealer for 15 years, then quit in disgust and set up his own repair shop at home. Took 2 different boats to him in a year, and both were repaired within a week of taking them in.
    can you pm his info and location maybe what i need
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Default Terrible Service at Dewildt

Quote Originally Posted by 410001661 View Post
    I tell you getting service is next to impossible during COVID. I ordered a swim platform from my local marina over the winter and said let me know when it comes in and I will bring my boat over to have them install it. It arrived on April 6th and I called April 20th to get an app't to get it installed - I left them 2 VM's and 3 emails and they just went dead. I finally called and spoke to someone and they gave me an install date of June 1st.......I dropped it off that morning at 10AM and as of yet it is still not done. I am calling EOB Wednesday and if it is still not done I will just pick up my boat and they can keep the platform (I have not paid for it yet).
    Just as I suspected.......I called Wednesday at 3:30 to get an update and I was on hold for 15 minutes and was disconnected. I called back and finally spoke to someone in service only to tell me that they can probably get it down late next week! I told them just to forget it and just bring my boat around to the front I am on my way to pick it up.

When I was hooking up my boat one of the service guys asked me what I wanted to do with the swim platform that they ordered for me (and I have not yet paid for). I said you can keep it - I ordered mine supplied and installed.

The name of the Marina is Dewildt and I will never set foot back in there. These guys would not know 'service' if they latched on their leg and started humping.
    Last edited by 410001661; June 10th, 2021 at 07:40 AM.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I should have listened to my buddy. He was looking to buy a new 2020 FishHawk 1750. He did all his research and knew what he wanted so he and his wife went to Dewildt and all the sales guy had to do was answer some questions and not be a tool. Apparently he could not do that so he left empty handed and the next weekend drove to London and dropped $55k on a new boat in a dealership in London that has been amazing to deal with (sales and service).

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

I remember about 10 years ago I was in my favourite tackle shop on the Hamilton mountain shooting the breeze with the owner, 3 guys walk in and I overheard one of them say that they could get the same thing at Walmart for a buck or two less then preceded to ask the guy behind the counter where the fishing was good and he told them the Hamilton harbour was pretty good right then. They walked out empty handed with good honest advice and probably went to that e store to buy their equipment. Great customer service is hard to find nowadays but it does exist.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Interesting update. I was on Hamilton Mountain visiting a customer and dropped into Bay City Marine. Walked in the door and like most showrooms it was empty. I was approached by Debbie who asked if she could help me and I asked about a swim platform. She showed me the one they had in stock and said they can get it installed in a week - drop it off on the Monday after Canada Day weekend. I did that and I just picked it up - they did an amazing job.

This is what service is! Would definitely go back there is a second for any other service I require. I would avoid Dewildt like the plague moving forward.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Thanks for sharing your experience, it looks good
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast