Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Congrats on the nice salmon

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Leads by example

User Info Menu

You might want to re-think eating those 5-10 pounders as they're full of contaminants as well. There is a zero consumption advisory for rainbow smelt in all of Lake Ontario and this would be the forage for your fish, Again, they've only tested for PCBs so god knows what else they're loaded with.

Quote Originally Posted by finsfurfeathers View Post
    Dang hope you keep your pants on
    Ya those big ones are great to bend the rod but to keep I prefer them shakers. 5lbs and under never go back will keep the odd one up to 10 lbs though. Always taste great on the BBQ
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2jhcsqk]

Apprentice

User Info Menu

https://www.ontario.ca/page/fish-con...rt?id=43357917

it sais less than 18inch can each 2-4 servings a month ? larger ones 1.

Funny thing is outside Pickering power plant, they advisory sais u can eat 8 servings lolol we used to swim by the hot water outlets there

Im sure alot of stuff are left out ... but again, not sure how bad these are compared to some of the questionable farmed salmon ... Except the ORA stuff.
    CCFR, OFAH Member
    Its all about the Journey

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by finsfurfeathers View Post
    Dang hope you keep your pants on
    Ya those big ones are great to bend the rod but to keep I prefer them shakers. 5lbs and under never go back will keep the odd one up to 10 lbs though. Always taste great on the BBQ
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2jhcsqk]
    Nice !
    I usually just fillet them, much easier.

going up to Georgian Bay this weekend, the kings there usually have a much Redder color on their meat.
    CCFR, OFAH Member

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

You guys worry too much. If they tested supermarket food to the same standards that they test fish, you would never go into a grocery store again. Ever read the ingredients on a frozen TV dinner? You need a degree in chemical engineering to know what's in it. And believe me, you really don't want to know what goes on in commercial kitchens.

One of two fish meals won't hurt anyone. It's like anything else, moderation is the key.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Symmetre View Post
    You guys worry too much. If they tested supermarket food to the same standards that they test fish, you would never go into a grocery store again. Ever read the ingredients on a frozen TV dinner? You need a degree in chemical engineering to know what's in it. And believe me, you really don't want to know what goes on in commercial kitchens.

One of two fish meals won't hurt anyone. It's like anything else, moderation is the key.
    Exactly.

cant be worse than bear meat harvested in areas of full garbage dumps.
    CCFR, OFAH Member

Member for Life

User Info Menu

What about the walleyes that come into the Bay of Quinte from Lake Ontario - are they also not safe to eat?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ata83 View Post
    Exactly.

cant be worse than bear meat harvested in areas of full garbage dumps.
    Nobody in their right mind would eat a dump bear !!!
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    Oh come on Rick don’t you remember when Kerrs use to feed garbage to beef cattle burnt cookies potato chips cereals cabbage left overs tomato rines
    Vegetarian beef before it was popular

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick_iles View Post
    I hope so
    I always wondered why ppl hunted bears in southern ontario, close to dump sites !
    CCFR, OFAH Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast