Thread: There is no spring Bear hunting report required just in fall ?

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

Default There is no spring Bear hunting report required just in fall ?

There is no spring Bear hunting report required just in fall ?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Correct

"There are also specific reporting requirements or changes for the following hunters:

Resident black bear hunters are now required to:
    submit a single hunter report online in the fall by the reporting deadline. Your report must include information on all spring and fall hunting activity and harvest"

https://www.ontario.ca/page/hunter-reporting
    A trophy is in the eye of the bow holder

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LowbanksArcher View Post
    Correct

"There are also specific reporting requirements or changes for the following hunters:

Resident black bear hunters are now required to:
    submit a single hunter report online in the fall by the reporting deadline. Your report must include information on all spring and fall hunting activity and harvest"

https://www.ontario.ca/page/hunter-reporting
    Thanks for posting the site link for the reports, it usually takes me a while to track it down on the MNRF site. Its good to hear that there is only one report necessary for the bear hunt. I'm not into hunting bear, but I do like to carry a couple of slugs in case I encounter an overly aggressive bear while out and about on the property I hunt. Frankly I feel small game hunters apart from wolf and coyote hunters should also have an exemption when carrying slugs for protection, especially if they have no interest in hunting bear, and they are in an area where bears might be encountered. What is it about our governing bodies that they are so banal, when it comes to being prepared for acting in matters of self defense?

You don't stop hunting because you grow old. You grow old because you stop hunting.
    - Gun Nut
    Last edited by Gun Nut; June 21st, 2021 at 11:10 PM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nut View Post
    Thanks for posting the site link for the reports, it usually takes me a while to track it down on the MNRF site. Its good to hear that there is only one report necessary for the bear hunt. I'm not into hunting bear, but I do like to carry a couple of slugs in case I encounter an overly aggressive bear while out and about on the property I hunt. Frankly I feel small game hunters apart from wolf and coyote hunters should also have an exemption when carrying slugs for protection, especially if they have no interest in hunting bear, and they are in an area where bears might be encountered. What is it about our governing bodies that they are so banal, when it comes to being prepared for acting in matters of self defense?

You don't stop hunting because you grow old. You grow old because you stop hunting.
    - Gun Nut
    Because bear attacks are exceedingly rare. Millions of people tromp around the bush in Ontario without any gun at all.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nut View Post

- Gun Nut
    Carrying a couple of slugs for "protection" from Bear attacks while hunting small game isn't really necessary. A blast from a 12ga in front of a Bear is usually enough to dissuade even the most belligerent bruin. Wolf and Coyote hunters are already carrying enough fire power to drop a Bear in it's tracks if necessary. Explaining why you shot it in the absence of injuries from an attack will be very problematic if you can't prove that an attack was imminent. I carry a Bear tag every fall just as an insurance measure just on the very remote chance I run into one. That way,there's no questions asked and a hell of a lot less hassle from a CO.
    Never argue on social media. Every classroom had a kid that ate paste and that's likely who you're arguing with.