Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost my PAL and a few other things

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Default Lost my PAL and a few other things

Looking through my wallet today and noticed that my PAL, Driver's License and Outdoors Card are missing. As required i reported the PAL missing to my local law enforcement. The DL and OC are easy to replace. With the PAL though the only thing i could find is a "Lost Document Replacement Form" that has to be mailed in.

Wondering if there is a faster non "snail mail" way to do this. Couldn't find anything online and don't relish calling the 800 number and being on hold for god knows how long.

No idea how long they have been missing but my guess is since last Fall as i would have taken the 3 out of my wallet together and put them in my hunting pack for the Deer Hunt. Replaced the pack since than and my guess is they got tossed with the pack. Pack got trashed in December after a lose strap got caught by and sucked through the snowmobile track on my Scandic.
    Last edited by Species8472; July 12th, 2021 at 07:36 PM.
    They say a man turns old when sorrow and regret take the place of hope and dreams

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

I thought you can get it online but no. I would just phone.
    Last edited by JMatthews; July 12th, 2021 at 07:46 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JMatthews View Post
    I think I got a replacement online a few years ago. You might want to double check
    A replacement or a renewal? Renewal can be done online but from what i saw there was no online option for lost replacement.
    They say a man turns old when sorrow and regret take the place of hope and dreams

Member for Life

User Info Menu

A friend told me today, he called the FC about his granddaughter’s minors permit. They told him there was a four month backlog at the CFC. Good luck !
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

Leads by example

User Info Menu

May sound silly.....but did you check all hunting jackets/pants from last hunting season?
    This isn't a test run................Enjoy er'.......

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

How do I replace a lost, stolen or destroyed firearms licence?
    How do I replace a lost, stolen or destroyed licence? To replace a lost, stolen or destroyed licence, individuals should submit a Firearms Documents Replacement Request (form RCMP 5515). The replacement fee is $25 for a Possession-Only Licence or Possession and Acquisition Licence, or $10 for a Minor's Licence.

All I can say is how lovely. I tend to keep my PAL in my wallet, and have an over the shoulder small carrying bag for my hunting licenses and small set of binoculars . But that is not exactly helpful to you. It is truly infuriating the length of time it takes to process a PAL. I suspect you could go over to a Service Ontario and start the process to get a replacement Outdoor Card and have it within a month. It's to bad that Service Canada outlets can't achieve the same efficiency. The only suggest I can offer is to talk to your MP. He/she might be able to speed things up a bit. It's truly strange how useless the PAL has become anyway. When you're purchasing a firearm, even if you do present it, any dealership, still has to call in an verify that everything is up to date. You have to wonder why something like that, hasn't been arranged between Service Canada and the RCMP.

You don't stop hunting because you grow old. You grow old because you stop hunting.
    Gun Nut
    Last edited by Gun Nut; July 12th, 2021 at 11:27 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LiveBates View Post
    May sound silly.....but did you check all hunting jackets/pants from last hunting season?
    Yep. Quite sure after i have replaced everything the dryer will spit the old ones back out.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nut View Post
    How do I replace a lost, stolen or destroyed firearms licence?
    How do I replace a lost, stolen or destroyed licence? To replace a lost, stolen or destroyed licence, individuals should submit a Firearms Documents Replacement Request (form RCMP 5515). The replacement fee is $25 for a Possession-Only Licence or Possession and Acquisition Licence, or $10 for a Minor's Licence.

All I can say is how lovely. I tend to keep my PAL in my wallet, and have an over the shoulder small carrying bag for my hunting licenses and small set of binoculars . But that is not exactly helpful to you. It is truly infuriating the length of time it takes to process a PAL. I suspect you could go over to a Service Ontario and start the process to get a replacement Outdoor Card and have it within a month. It's to bad that Service Canada outlets can't achieve the same efficiency. The only suggest I can offer is to talk to your MP. He/she might be able to speed things up a bit. It's truly strange how useless the PAL has become anyway. When you're purchasing a firearm, even if you do present it, any dealership, still has to call in an verify that everything is up to date. You have to wonder why something like that, hasn't been arranged between Service Canada and the RCMP.

You don't stop hunting because you grow old. You grow old because you stop hunting.
    Gun Nut
    Yep that's the form i was referring to.

The OC actually only takes a week or two to arrive. Already done online in like 30 seconds. DL i have to go to Service Ontario but they immediately issue a temp license that is valid until the new one arrives

Member for Life

User Info Menu

A good reminder to take all your cards out of your wallet and lay them on the screen of your printer and hit the button to get a photocopy....flip them over and do it again.

Nice to have the information off the card for when things like this happen...

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Question not really related but didn't want to make another thread for a simple question. To renew my outdoors card I have to call in correct? Can't do it online? Mine expires end of this year so I wanna get it done soon so I dont forget.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast