Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Sabot recommendations

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
    My Mossberg 500 rifled 20 likes the 2 3/4" Hornady SSTs better than the Remington Accutips!

-N.
    I found 2 boxes of those Hornady SSTs at my CTC store today, but OMG…the price!
    I will be saving those for very final sight-in and actual hunting loads, cause there is no way I’m wasting them on first sighting in attempts … I will keep looking for some cheaper sabots to start with.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by genec View Post
    I will be saving those for very final sight-in and actual hunting loads, cause there is no way I’m wasting them on first sighting in attempts … I will keep looking for some cheaper sabots to start with.
    Yup! 5$ a shell more or less. Between sighting them in and then going for the hunt youre looking at least 100$ minimum.

I refuse! Give me my $8 a box rifled slugs !

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Alliston CT has 2 3/4" 20guage Remington Accu Tip sabots for $17.99 a box. I think there's 10+ boxes.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

-Ted Nugent

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Found out that I really got ripped off for the Hornady SSTs at CTC!!
    Was at Erie Tracker in Pt. Colborne yesterday, and the had the SSTs for $19.95 a box, so I picked up 1 more box of them, plus 2 boxes of Federal sabots at $15.99 for initial sighting in.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SongDog View Post
    Alliston CT has 2 3/4" 20guage Remington Accu Tip sabots for $17.99 a box. I think there's 10+ boxes.

8 left now. 17.99 is a killer deal compare to the other places.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Abins136 View Post
    8 left now. 17.99 is a killer deal compare to the other places.
    I would have bought them all if they were 3" lol it is good deal

"If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

-Ted Nugent

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by genec View Post
    That is one of the major reasons I asked how the rifled and attached wad slugs shot

I found the rack master slugs, bought a pile of them and left my rifled barrel for sits where I would be shooting 1 shot, for drives and running deer in close I just used the rifled slugs, but they clover leaved for me at 50 yards.

Any chance you are shooting a Mossberg with an overbored barrel? I used to hunt with a guy with one of those, he had to get a rifled barrel to shoot slugs as the 12ga barrel had essentially a 10ga bore.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Rem Accutips 2-3/4" 12 ga

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456