Thread: Video: 'One Side' is Back... And He's Sporting a Huge Brow Tine (Ottawa)

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Default Video: 'One Side' is Back... And He's Sporting a Huge Brow Tine (Ottawa)

Hello All,

Some may know that a buck I named 'One Side' shed his antler in front of my cam this January - and it was all caught on video. Well, he's back again this season and is sporting a sky-high left brow tine to boot!

Cheers,
    Justin

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

He's a very large Deer. That camera of your produces some of the best footage I have seen on here. I could not make out 100$ how many points?
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013) OFAH Member

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Cheers, greatwhite...
    Yes, he is a great buck for sure. This footage is with a $70 Zopu cam off of Amazon. As for points, he is either an 8 or a 9. I know for sure when the velvet sheds next week.

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Wow some great deer you got over there. He looks like a 9 point but I cant zoom it in so.

Awesome footage as well.

That doe is pretty big too!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Hoffman View Post
    and is sporting a sky-high left brow tine to boot!
    It's interesting, that long brow tine is almost like it overcompensating for the lost one last year, like extra growth hormones were left at the site. (I'm assuming that was the one that was missing last year)
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    It's interesting, that long brow tine is almost like it overcompensating for the lost one last year, like extra growth hormones were left at the site. (I'm assuming that was the one that was missing last year)
    Hey Mike - last year he lost the opposite side, the right antler, during the velvet stage. With the footage I have of him prior to breaking it off, his left was considerably longer than his right even then, so just seems to be a trait and nothing to do with the injury. Fingers crossed I find the match set this season...

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Hoffman View Post
    Cheers, greatwhite...
    Yes, he is a great buck for sure. This footage is with a $70 Zopu cam off of Amazon. As for points, he is either an 8 or a 9. I know for sure when the velvet sheds next week.
    Hi Justin, I know you have been doing this for a while so let me ask you, do you find that they shed their velvet the first week of September (typically)…..because I am thinking to change my cams, from pic mode to video mode hoping to catch some deer doing just that.
    Nice vids as usual and that guy looks like a beauty.

Edit: I have been doing some reading about how consistent (within a 3 day period-from year to year) a deer can remove its velvet. Have you found any evidence of that.
    Last edited by fratri; August 30th, 2021 at 09:09 AM.
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"