Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moose horn lodge chapleau ont.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Default Moose horn lodge chapleau ont.

If anyone is looking for a great place to take a week off and fish ,atv or just kick back check them out. My wife and I just spent a week there cabins are second to none have everything you need and then some, the owners Doug and Roxann are great to deal with laid back and always there to help if you need anything , they actually made you feel normal even though there covide stuff is going on. Atv trails are endless or make your own , you can ride for miles and miles and fish until you drop. The rates are more than reasonable check them out you wont be disappointed.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Leads by example

User Info Menu

How was the fishing?

Apprentice

User Info Menu

To tell you the truth , I haven't fished seriously for 20 plus years but others that stayed where catching pike walleye on near buy lakes and the lake we stayed at but they ask to release the walleye to help the stock its expained on there web site, I feel you will not be disappointed if you go

Leads by example

User Info Menu

I was up there 10yrs ago and the walleye fishing was stellar. I gotta get up there again for a repeat.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Yup a week is not long enough

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbuff View Post
    I was up there 10yrs ago and the walleye fishing was stellar. I gotta get up there again for a repeat.
    When you were there did they still have the old lodge or was the new one completed?

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sawbill View Post
    When you were there did they still have the old lodge or was the new one completed?
    I never stayed at the lodge. I tented it in the bush.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

New lodge plus 6 or 7 cabins

Has all the answers

User Info Menu

looks like a great spot and prices are decent

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Interesting story about Doug in his CO'ing days. They were doing moose survey work and pulling tight circles around an animal when he hears over the intercom..OH ...'!!" Next thing they know they clipped a chicot and the a/c ended upside down in the snow. They pushed the door open only to be confronted by the moose pinned and thrashing about under the wing. The crew were somehow able to get the animal freed then wait to be picked up. Amazingly, nobody was seriously hurt in the wreck including the moose.
    A few days later he was here to attend our moms funeral looking like he'd gone a few rounds with a lynx and of course there was no end of the war stories.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast