Thread: Road Kills

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default Road Kills

I live in the country and if I want to go food shopping I have to drive about 20 miles to a food store - this morning I thought I'd pay attention to the dead animals I saw on or along side of the highway - one black snake, a vulture, a skunk, a opossum, a raccoon and 3 deer - that doesn't include those that were hit and managed to get away from the road - can you imagine the number of animals that are killed on the highways - must be in the millions -

I've seen signs on the back of vehicles that say - caution I break for animals - but that could be dangerous - people get killed at times trying to avoid a animal in the road -

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JoePa View Post
    I live in the country and if I want to go food shopping I have to drive about 20 miles to a food store - this morning I thought I'd pay attention to the dead animals I saw on or along side of the highway - one black snake, a vulture, a skunk, a opossum, a raccoon and 3 deer - that doesn't include those that were hit and managed to get away from the road - can you imagine the number of animals that are killed on the highways - must be in the millions -

I've seen signs on the back of vehicles that say - caution I break for animals - but that could be dangerous - people get killed at times trying to avoid a animal in the road -
    It's amazing how many deer you guys have killed on the road all the time. I've seen one fawn in the last 8months here. I drive over 350km a day too.

Drive Michigan, Penn, Minnesota and its a dead deer every few miles. Just goes to show how good of a deer population you guys have compared to us.

I might see one deer dead each fall too during the rut, but it's a rare occasion.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

-Ted Nugent

Post-a-holic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JoePa View Post

I recall a number of years back a guy stop on an expressway going through Toronto to let a duck and her ducklings cross the road in front of his car. Sadly another driver ploughed into back of his car and killed his daughter who was riding in his the back seat.

You don't stop hunting because you grow old. You grow old because you stop hunting.
    - Gun Nut