Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Storage

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Wow
    That is a great deal.
    Where is he located?
    Nipissing village. Few miles from South Bay of Lake Nipissing.

Probably helps the price a lot that our driveways are only 2 miles apart and I have my own private boat ramp 200 yards from the dock.
    Last edited by Species8472; September 10th, 2021 at 07:48 PM.
    They say a man turns old when sorrow and regret take the place of hope and dreams

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    What do you do for rat prevention?
    I have found that shavings from a bar of Irish Spring leave such a strong scent that it still hits me when I open the boat in the spring, get some old Tupperware or wipe out a margarine tub and put these full of shavings in your compartments. I use mothballs too
    “You have enemies ? Good. It means you have stood up for something, sometime in your life”: Winston Churchill

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I store my boat inside my buddies barn. I install the mooring cover and the outdoor storage cover and use moth balls in my holds.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Storing inside is better. My garage is mouse-proof - mostly. But I leave mouse poison and traps around just in case one gets in.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Same here, no rats, just mice and they're easy to control with warfarin. Set up the usual trap system outside your storage shed along with traps on the inside.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I have stored my last 3 boats out side with a work frame and blue tarps. My searay I shored up the tops bars with 4x4s and had a 2x4 from the window to the bow with cross pieces then the blue tarp, starcraft I used 3 centre posts made of 4x4 with 2x4 tying them together from motor to bow. my polarkraft I used the same posts added one, make ribs every couple feet then covered with blue tarps. I use bungee cords to tie the tarps down, if you tie with string will ripe the tarps. i use bolts and made clamps so no tools needed. The tarps last years and never replaced any of the wood. Take a couple hours to put up and couple to take down

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Thanks to everyone for their great advice.
    Im Going with indoor storage and the tips offered here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12