Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Buying guns then never shooting them?

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default Buying guns then never shooting them?

I see this in the buy and sell sections all the time, CGN has a lot of them.

Guys that are not dealers are selling guns that "I never fired".

I am not being critical of it but I am curious as to how many people go out and buy guns just to resell them? Seems odd to me.

I am not speaking of collectible arms, hunting arms.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

One of my buddies has so many unfired guns blow your mind. Pushing triple digits

Another has at least 4 maybe couple more

So when someone says never fired I tend to believe them

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by js4fn View Post
    One of my buddies has so many unfired guns blow your mind. Pushing triple digits

Another has at least 4 maybe couple more

So when someone says never fired I tend to believe them
    So why did they buy them? Like I said, not collector pieces but rather run of the mill hunting guns. To me having an unfired Savage Axis just to look at seems odd, ha ha.

At the moment I have 2 that I have not fired and storing another that I have not fired. The stored one has no mag and a trigger lock on it, the other 2 are muzzle loaders I am in the process of getting the required gear for, hopefully the mid 1800s double will be shot shortly.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Default Buying guns then never shooting them?

So the one with so many quit smoking 30 years ago he’s a business owner he has tin can each week he puts $45.00 in it and buys guns.
    He has more empty boxes , leather cases , manuals then most gun shops lol

I know he has a bt99 leather case never fired

When he come out hunting or even trap shooting he brings old crap always bandaged up crap lol

Has 12.6 he has more stuff I’m scared for him he’s not

The other one to lazy to use them lol
    Last edited by js4fn; September 9th, 2021 at 09:23 AM.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I'm no damn good at collecting. Last one was a great deal on a winchester single shot .22 low wall, but had to try it out. Turns out I hated the sights on it and sold it off. Still made $300 on the deal and I didn't sell it as unfired either. If its something I don't use and is just taking up space then its out the door. Except for 1 old double barrel shotgun that belonged to my grandfather. I guess I did have a CVA Optima I sold unfired. But I bought it a week before hip surgery that didn't go well and spent 2 years in and out of hospital for more surgeries and sold it never having fired it.
    Last edited by cantgetright; September 9th, 2021 at 09:33 AM.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I've twice bought a gun and not shot it but only because I was immediately flipping it. Otherwise all my guns get used.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Impulse buying, I’m definitely guilty lol. I always go to “old faithful” when hunting season comes around. Into the safe and the wifey knows nothing..haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Yea if there are collectors items or might be collectible some guys do it as a hobby and/investment.

Never understood why a guy would have a cabinet full of hunting rifles and not take them to the range and put a box of ammo thru them periodically.

Sort of like having a beautiful girlfriend/wife and not doing a booty call..HaHa..

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

This one guy usually gets a box of ammo for each gun he buys thrown in with the deal. Never uses it.
    I can remember being with him gun shop oh gun caught his eye he looked at it gave it back to salesman. Said let’s go went out side let’s go to tsc store next door walked around came back out he said I’m going to buy that gun ok went got the gun drove home. Couple hours later he called me said I have two just like that one in my gun room lol

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Impulse buy, guilty of that.
    I have a friend that gets excited every hunting season, buys guns and then decides not to hunt, he has at least 6 rifles and shotgun that never been shot, im just waiting for him to want to get rid of those.
    CCFR, OFAH Member
    Its all about the Journey

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast