Thread: Fall turkey

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Default Fall turkey

Fall turkey season looks like going to be a fun one. Turkeys have such a routine can set your watch by where their going to be I have 22 acres of hay field surrounded by bush they spend 12 hours walking in hay field picking bugs they’ll walk side by side like their picking row crop one will find mess of bugs they all run over to eat then go back to their routine route
    Wish deer had routine like them lol

But turkeys do what turkeys want do nothing is for sure

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

That’s why I don’t fall turkey hunt !!
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Come on Rick sitting in a blind in the fall crossbow with option of turkey or deer is the most fun a guy could have.
    Even after getting your turkey having them walk by you And talking to them from behind the screen is hilarious they don’t know your there
    watching them fight and the other ones running over watching like it’s a boxing match is priceless

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by js4fn View Post
    Come on Rick sitting in a blind in the fall crossbow with option of turkey or deer is the most fun a guy could have.
    Even after getting your turkey having them walk by you And talking to them from behind the screen is hilarious they don’t know your there
    watching them fight and the other ones running over watching like it’s a boxing match is priceless
    I see all that bow hunting for deer. I sit out, use natural brush for cover. Several times I’ve had birds literally step over my legs…..they are great for letting you know a deer is coming !!
    “If you’re not a Liberal by twenty, you have no heart. If you’re not a Conservative by forty, you have no brain.”
    -Winston Churchill

Apprentice

User Info Menu

I'm with you Rick. Spring turkey is my favorite. Nothing better than a vocal thunder chicken making a B line towards me trying not to trip over his hard on. But in the fall I won't spoil a deer hunt to whack a turkey, I will if I see a coyote though.
    Last edited by cantgetright; September 9th, 2021 at 02:06 PM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cantgetright View Post
    I'm with you Rick. Spring turkey is my favorite. Nothing better than a vocal thunder chicken making a B line towards me trying not to trip over his hard on. But in the fall I won't spoil a deer hunt to whack a turkey, I will if I see a coyote though.
    ".....trip over his hard-on..." ROFLMAO!! I don't hunt turkey in the fall,either,and I prefer brushed-in sit outs,too. I get a little too claustrophobic to be closed in.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

This will be my first fall turkey hunt. Went to put my cams in for deer the other week turned the corner and was within 10 feet of 7 or 8 of them off the bush line

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I have never bought a license for the fall turkey hunt. The land owner asked me today if I was going to hunt them this fall. I'm with the rest of the guys I won't want to spook a deer to take a turkey and I have never seen one close enough anyway

Elite Member

User Info Menu

went for geese the other day, me and my dad were packing up for the day shooting the walking across the field when we seen a big doe and yearling 50 yards away from us in the field. neighbor busted out 3 shot volley at some birds next door, the looked up for a split second and went back to eating. i dont see it as spoiling your deer hunt at all. to each their own.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bowjob View Post
    i dont see it as spoiling your deer hunt at all. to each their own.

I don't either, I like hunting both in the fall. Fall turkeys are usually a mid morn or mid afternoon hunt here, Deer are earlier or later in the day.

Then of course if you fill your Deer tag early..thank goodness there is still an option to hunt Turkeys after.

Oct is a great time to be out in the bush...even if it is just to practice calling the turkeys just for fun.