Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Most Toronto crime guns prohibited firearms

  1. #1
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default Most Toronto crime guns prohibited firearms

    This article confirms that the Lieberals certainly have an ulterior motive and agenda when it comes to confiscating legally acquired firearms from their owners.

    "318 out of the 529 firearms seized by police in 2020 were illegal to buy or possess in Canada"

    "Data gleaned from a Toronto Police Twitter account suggests most firearms seized by cops this year were smuggled into Canada."


    "Over the past five years, prohibited weapon seizures have outpaced those of restricted and non-restricted firearms — 331 out of 557 in 2019, 393 out of 628 in 2018, 233 out of 469 in 2017, and 186 out of 365 in 2016."

    "Prohibited weapons, which generally cannot be sold in Canada by legal firearms retailers, include handguns with barrels shorter than 10.5 cm, full-automatic firearms, sawed-off long guns or firearms specifically listed as prohibited, including the AK-47, AR-15 and MP5."


    "Bill C-21, the Liberal’s firearms legislation that died on the order paper when the election was called, would have permitted municipalities to pass handgun ban bylaws — a move purportedly to prevent legally-owned handguns from falling into criminal hands."
    "But with only 43 gun thefts reported to police last year, a likelier source would be illegal arms smuggling from the United States."

    https://ottawasun.com/news/local-new...ms-tps-reports



  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #2
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by impact View Post
    This article confirms that the Lieberals certainly have an ulterior motive and agenda when it comes to confiscating legally acquired firearms from their owners.

    "318 out of the 529 firearms seized by police in 2020 were illegal to buy or possess in Canada"

    "Data gleaned from a Toronto Police Twitter account suggests most firearms seized by cops this year were smuggled into Canada."


    "Over the past five years, prohibited weapon seizures have outpaced those of restricted and non-restricted firearms — 331 out of 557 in 2019, 393 out of 628 in 2018, 233 out of 469 in 2017, and 186 out of 365 in 2016."

    "Prohibited weapons, which generally cannot be sold in Canada by legal firearms retailers, include handguns with barrels shorter than 10.5 cm, full-automatic firearms, sawed-off long guns or firearms specifically listed as prohibited, including the AK-47, AR-15 and MP5."


    "Bill C-21, the Liberal’s firearms legislation that died on the order paper when the election was called, would have permitted municipalities to pass handgun ban bylaws — a move purportedly to prevent legally-owned handguns from falling into criminal hands."
    "But with only 43 gun thefts reported to police last year, a likelier source would be illegal arms smuggling from the United States."

    https://ottawasun.com/news/local-new...ms-tps-reports


    Things you'll never see on the CBC or read in the Toronto star unfortunately.....

  4. #3
    Borderline Spammer

    User Info Menu

    Default

    So banning stuff is an example of not really doing anything good but getting a vote from an uninformed person.

    Also. Do nothing about the actual problem because you don’t care about that. Just care about getting that vote.

  5. #4
    Has all the answers

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I’m not surprised that most of the firearms used were illegal in nature, what surprises me is that a significant number of firearms (about 44%) used in crimes were restricted or non-restricted.

    It would be interesting to know more about the origin of the restricted/non-restricted firearms and how they came to be acquired. It’s hard not to get drawn into the gun debate when approximately 40% of the firearms used in crimes are not prohibited e.g. handguns smuggled across the border.
    A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. - S. Pope

  6. #5
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Menard View Post
    It would be interesting to know more about the origin of the restricted/non-restricted firearms and how they came to be acquired.
    Much the same as the guns used in Nove Scotia..guns bought in illegally from the US..

    The gunman who killed 22 people in Nova Scotia in April was armed with a “Colt Law Enforcement Carbine,” a Sturm Ruger Mini-14 and two handguns, which were all illegally obtained and in three cases smuggled into Canada from the U.S.
    Only 43 of the 529 in 2020 were were listed as 'stolen'

    "But with only 43 gun thefts reported to police last year, a likelier source would be illegal arms smuggling from the United States."
    Last edited by MikePal; September 11th, 2021 at 09:18 AM.
    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

  7. #6
    Elite Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Tell us something the firearm community does not already know - LOL

  8. #7
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 410001661 View Post
    Tell us something the firearm community does not already know - LOL
    How did the election go out your way John?

  9. #8
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Funny thing Toronto Police are well known for losing firearms.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    How did the election go out your way John?
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta)Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013) OFAH Member

  10. #9
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glen View Post
    So banning stuff is an example of not really doing anything good but getting a vote from an uninformed person.

    Also. Do nothing about the actual problem because you don’t care about that. Just care about getting that vote.
    Yepp. But bleeding heart liberals want to help people don't you see?
    If they actually fixed problems they'd be out of a job.

  11. #10
    Elite Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    How did the election go out your way John?
    Better than it did for Justin........$610M in the hole and standing in the same shoes with the WTF just happened look on his face. I really gave up 4-5 months ago and have focused on the things I can really change and have ramped up my side business. I cannot get him to leave but I can sure stop financing his antics. I cannot do anything about my day job but my side hustle is busy as hell right now and have now added other trades (drywall, tiles, plumber, and HVAC/gas fitters) to offer trades in lieu of work done - heck we even have a structural engineer working with us in case we need stamped drawings. I do their electrical work and in return they re-pay me by doing work for me. It is better than cash because good tradesman are hard to find and the best ones are the ones that either want a favor from you or owe you a favor - LOL.

    Kitchen reno looks great! I opened up two walls and a load bearing beam and installed new cabinets, granite and
    a huge 5' x 8' island. I will post pics soon.......I just need to install the backsplash (tiles on backorder) and we are pretty much done.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •