Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Most Toronto crime guns prohibited firearms

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Menard View Post
    I’m not surprised that most of the firearms used were illegal in nature, what surprises me is that a significant number of firearms (about 44%) used in crimes were restricted or non-restricted.

It would be interesting to know more about the origin of the restricted/non-restricted firearms and how they came to be acquired. It’s hard not to get drawn into the gun debate when approximately 40% of the firearms used in crimes are not prohibited e.g. handguns smuggled across the border.
    100% of my friends and acquaintance's know I hunt and own firearms. 90% do not know the firearms laws. The only thing they know is that in Toronto young men carry guns and deal in drugs which results in death. They are now informed and are astounded by the failure of the courts and government to properly address the situation. Mandatory sentences are a must..immigration is out of hand..police have fewer powers to combat the situation and or are unwilling to do so for threat of reprisal..where is this going to end? That is the one thing they all agree on!

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grumpygeezer View Post
    100% of my friends and acquaintance's know I hunt and own firearms. 90% do not know the firearms laws. The only thing they know is that in Toronto young men carry guns and deal in drugs which results in death. They are now informed and are astounded by the failure of the courts and government to properly address the situation. Mandatory sentences are a must..immigration is out of hand..police have fewer powers to combat the situation and or are unwilling to do so for threat of reprisal..where is this going to end? That is the one thing they all agree on!
    Why are you worried about mandatory sentences, the young men carrying guns and dealings in drug's are generally pretty good also at killing each other.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    Why are you worried about mandatory sentences, the young men carrying guns and dealings in drug's are generally pretty good also at killing each other.
    They also kill innocent bystanders and unintended victims....thats why!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Even more so than covid if your under 50 the odds are better with covid.
    More homicide victim's than deaths from covid 19 in people 50 and under. We live in such a war torn disaster in Canada lol.

The crazy just keeps getting worse nothing is getting better. Multiple stabbings and shootings going on in our area lately. Society isn't getting any better .

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grumpygeezer View Post
    They also kill innocent bystanders and unintended victims....thats why!
    Well because they are very few and far between Society at large seems not to be so upset if its just a kid innocent bystanders from the HOOD. However if its a citizen from outside the hood like Jane Creba, suddenly there is a cry for action.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fishfood View Post
    Even more so than covid if your under 50 the odds are better with covid.
    More homicide victim's than deaths from covid 19 in people 50 and under. We live in such a war torn disaster in Canada lol.

The crazy just keeps getting worse nothing is getting better. Multiple stabbings and shootings going on in our area lately. Society isn't getting any better .

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
    Well on the CBC this morning they stated that a certain town in Alberta the citizens decided to have a COVID PARTY and achieve herd immunity. I believe they said Edison, turns out now to have been a bad idea with them heading off to ICU's in a Province with ICU capacity at 90%. Apparently Alberta will be asking Ontario to take patient's.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Apparently crushing cops with cars is the new thing.......out on bail within weeks.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 410001661 View Post
    Apparently crushing cops with cars is the new thing.......out on bail within weeks.
    Yepp. Can't be "islamophobic" now can we. Need to protect tomorrow's liberal voters.
    Now repeat after me...diversity is our strength!

Caucasian man kills muslim family...national outrage and immediate talk of a hate crime, with little investigation or questions asked. Drunk driving? Looking to just kill any group of people? Etc. TV screens, radio stations and papers filled with people saying how horribly racist Canada is and how we have to "do better" (code for disappear quicker).

Umar Zameer kills a cop...crickets and released on bail.
    This country is toast.
    Last edited by Bushwhacker; September 23rd, 2021 at 03:19 PM.
    The best part about being a "conspiracy theorist" is not having myocarditis.

Roses are red, violets are blue, taxation is theft, inflation is too.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Well because they are very few and far between Society at large seems not to be so upset if its just a kid innocent bystanders from the HOOD. However if its a citizen from outside the hood like Jane Creba, suddenly there is a cry for action.
    You have it backwards -- these things are unfortunately so highly racialized and politicized that they only care about the latter as over a year of race riots have indicated. "If it bleeds, it leads"

The police who genuinely try to help these communities get actual garbage thrown at them upon arrival. All the liberal money thrown against the wall for awareness campaigns and programs never sticks. The root problems are never addressed. And cooperation with the police in any capacity is seen as weak or treasonous among these cultures.

You can't polish a turd, and it's hard to save something that doesn't want to be saved.
    The best part about being a "conspiracy theorist" is not having myocarditis.

Roses are red, violets are blue, taxation is theft, inflation is too.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhacker View Post
    You have it backwards -- these things are unfortunately so highly racialized and politicized that they only care about the latter as over a year of race riots have indicated. "If it bleeds, it leads"

The police who genuinely try to help these communities get actual garbage thrown at them upon arrival. All the liberal money thrown against the wall for awareness campaigns and programs never sticks. The root problems are never addressed. And cooperation with the police in any capacity is seen as weak or treasonous among these cultures.

You can't polish a turd, and it's hard to save something that doesn't want to be saved.
    Well having served in one of these communities I can tell you that 95% or more of the folk's living there are not engaged in criminal behavior. The 5% that are and are drug dealings, robbing people, pimping, are the criminal class and consist of both
    black and white criminal's and many colors in between. Its a life style they have chosen, they want to "dance with the devil"
    and I did not care when they killed each other. I don't think many other folks care, unless its an innocent bystander and the level of concern from the whole of society depends on the color of the victim's skin. We saw clear evidence of it with the Jane Creba, The Eatons Centre shootings, Danforth shootings, Just Desserts, coffee house shootings on Davenport Road.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast