Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: .410 ammo anywhere???

  1. #1
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default .410 ammo anywhere???

    Anywhere in Canada with a good selection of .410??? I'm looking for 000buck and slugs. Heck even if one of you guys are selling I'd be willing regardless of price lol. It's like I'm looking for something that doesn't exist

    Just picked up a Savage model 42 .22wmr/.410
    Neat little gun, snaps right in half quick and easy. Just plan on using it for backpack/camp trips for small game with the option of big game within 40 yards.

    Now my issue is I can't find .410 anywhere!! I had a hard enough time finding some 3" #4 lead. I was lucky to find Winchester 2.5" 000buck, I like how the pellets stay tight but the accuracy is abysmal even at 20 yards. Can't get a group on it for nothing.
    "When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #2
    Leads by example

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MihajloSimsic View Post
    Anywhere in Canada with a good selection of .410??? I'm looking for 000buck and slugs. Heck even if one of you guys are selling I'd be willing regardless of price lol. It's like I'm looking for something that doesn't exist

    Just picked up a Savage model 42 .22wmr/.410
    Neat little gun, snaps right in half quick and easy. Just plan on using it for backpack/camp trips for small game with the option of big game within 40 yards.

    Now my issue is I can't find .410 anywhere!! I had a hard enough time finding some 3" #4 lead. I was lucky to find Winchester 2.5" 000buck, I like how the pellets stay tight but the accuracy is abysmal even at 20 yards. Can't get a group on it for nothing.
    Not sure 100% about .410 but when I went to cabelas the other week they had a bunch of ammo in stock. Totally opposite from basspro.

    Again not sure about .410 tho. Quick search says Canadian tire has a few boxes of #4s tho in Richmond Hill i believe.

    Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

  4. #3
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MihajloSimsic View Post
    Anywhere in Canada with a good selection of .410??? I'm looking for 000buck and slugs. Heck even if one of you guys are selling I'd be willing regardless of price lol. It's like I'm looking for something that doesn't exist

    Just picked up a Savage model 42 .22wmr/.410
    Neat little gun, snaps right in half quick and easy. Just plan on using it for backpack/camp trips for small game with the option of big game within 40 yards.

    Now my issue is I can't find .410 anywhere!! I had a hard enough time finding some 3" #4 lead. I was lucky to find Winchester 2.5" 000buck, I like how the pellets stay tight but the accuracy is abysmal even at 20 yards. Can't get a group on it for nothing.
    My buddy won a nice revolver style 410 shotgun a couple years ago that he wanted to give to his son. After looking for a while for ammo, he ended up selling it and buying a 20 gauge shotgun instead. I know the few places around here don't have any 410 ammo in stock, let alone buckshot or slugs!

  5. #4
    Mod Squad

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Can forget about 000buck as won't be able to use it for big game. Slugs might have to be a special order may want to check into the smaller shops.
    Time in the outdoors is never wasted

  6. #5
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by finsfurfeathers View Post
    Can forget about 000buck as won't be able to use it for big game. Slugs might have to be a special order may want to check into the smaller shops.
    Most shops used to have 1/5oz 410 slugs, Walmart and Canadian Tire around here have them, no 000 Buck would not be legal for big game in a 410 in Ontario.

  7. #6
    Elite Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Most Canadian tires have slugs best bet are gun shows. Buddy and myself bought crap load past Sunday
    He also reloads so keep your empties looking at slug mold Iím not crazy about one we found itís a Russian 410 slug mold looks like big 177 pellet

  8. #7
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by finsfurfeathers View Post
    Can forget about 000buck as won't be able to use it for big game. Slugs might have to be a special order may want to check into the smaller shops.
    I plan on using 000 mostly just for yotes. I'm not a huge fan of it's accuracy or speed.
    "When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

  9. #8
    Post-a-holic

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MihajloSimsic View Post
    I plan on using 000 mostly just for yotes. I'm not a huge fan of it's accuracy or speed.
    My version of BUCKSHOT that I load for my .410 which is choked down to .392 is 3x a .390 lead ball inserted in a frosty straw, it took me a while to find a big enough plastic straw. However with this load over about 16 grains of H-110 you get a nice triangular pattern, easily at 20 yards, about an inch space between the pellets. I'm not sure it would be the most humane load to use on coyotes, even a .410 slug (at a 110 - 115 grs.) to me would seem a bit light you are only working with something which has about 350 - 360 ft-lbs of energy.

    You don't stop hunting because you grow old. You grow old because you stop hunting.
    - Gun Nut

  10. #9
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nut View Post
    My version of BUCKSHOT that I load for my .410 which is choked down to .392 is 3x a .390 lead ball inserted in a frosty straw, it took me a while to find a big enough plastic straw. However with this load over about 16 grains of H-110 you get a nice triangular pattern, easily at 20 yards, about an inch space between the pellets. I'm not sure it would be the most humane load to use on coyotes, even a .410 slug (at a 110 - 115 grs.) to me would seem a bit light you are only working with something which has about 350 - 360 ft-lbs of energy.

    You don't stop hunting because you grow old. You grow old because you stop hunting.
    - Gun Nut
    Impressive! I'd just disagree on the effectiveness for yotes considering slugs. Definitely anything over 40 or 50 yards isn't good. 110gr is not a light round and handgun rounds are a pretty popular staple for yotes in the states. .22wmr regularily takes yotes down. Infact there are some videos I've seen where deer are dropped right in their tracks at 40 yards (with slugs), they weren't even headshots either. This video was at about 20.
    https://youtu.be/AooOtDcH1K8


    110gr at 1800fps is nothing to laugh at in close range. Definitely not an ideal round but it can get the job done in a pinch if you take extra care about distance and shot placement.
    "When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

  11. #10
    Apprentice

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nut View Post
    My version of BUCKSHOT that I load for my .410 which is choked down to .392 is 3x a .390 lead ball inserted in a frosty straw, it took me a while to find a big enough plastic straw. However with this load over about 16 grains of H-110 you get a nice triangular pattern, easily at 20 yards, about an inch space between the pellets. I'm not sure it would be the most humane load to use on coyotes, even a .410 slug (at a 110 - 115 grs.) to me would seem a bit light you are only working with something which has about 350 - 360 ft-lbs of energy.

    You don't stop hunting because you grow old. You grow old because you stop hunting.
    - Gun Nut
    I also forgot to ask, do you sell rounds that you load? If so I'm sure you load them better than winchester and I'd be interested. Thanks for your insight as always!
    "When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •