Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Debating 101

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by impact View Post
    Me -"Ohhh BTW, welcome back. They allowed you to renew your contract?...lol"

Gilroy - "Of course they renewed my contract we WON THE ELECTION did you really think they would let me go, I've been assigned to this forum exclusively for the next 4 years, I feel bad about taking the cash, but what's a billion here or there. LOL"
    But the problem is they said there was a cheque in the mail and I haven't got it yet. LOL

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gilroy View Post
    But the problem is they said there was a cheque in the mail and I haven't got it yet. LOL
    You had better check they are still keeping you.... after all the Liberal's got over 450,000 less votes than 2 years ago and still less votes than the Conservatives.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeghanOOD View Post
    We've discussed the slipperiness of Off-Topic. finsfurfeathers is doing a great job and we're grateful to him. You always harsh on the mods Mike, what's up with that?
    Ok.

Go have a read through the "housekeeping" thread started by me that wasn't. Also have a look at the original thread in its unedited form before your mod started splitting, editing and moving things to keep it "on topic", if that's even possible now.

Note that I requested multiple times to have the OP changed, as I didn't create the thread. I was basically warned to shut up. If you want to get technical about it, the first poster who mentioned "covid" had their post deleted. It wasn't me. Another poster mentioned the thread being in my name and was given a polite explanation. I was never given any explanation other than "follow the rules" that I didn't break.

You have a mod who is making his current administrative decisions based on his history with people here and context he disagrees with.

You can look at my history here, this is my first clash with a mod.

Everyone makes mistakes or has a bad day, but come back and tell me again he's "doing a great job", I'll happily find somewhere else to go.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    "where a man feels at home, outside of where he's born, is where he's meant to go"
    ​- Ernest Hemingway

Administrator

User Info Menu

The COVID-19 sub-thread is a new venture, and there's bound to be troubleshooting when figuring out what's best moving forward. Let's not assume that the Forum is a static thing incapable of change and growth. We're dealing with this pandemic thing and it's impacting our lives every day, and it's tiring. So we created a COVID subthread to help alleviate that constant barrage. It was created with good intentions, and now it's all this.

Of course, if a mod or admin is addressed in a public thread, that address will be responded to in said thread.

[/QUOTE]If someone wants to distract or change topics you have the choice to ignore them, or show where they are full of it and finish the post on topic or just let the thread go in that new direction, if there is more to add the topic in the title someone will bring it back.[/QUOTE]

^^This is exactly so, Mosquito.

We have had discussions about policing the Forum. Griping about someone else changing topics or drawing a parallel that someone else doesn't like, and asking us to delete these, is policing. Please follow the Forum guidelines, and be kinder to one another. We're all guilty of crossing the line now and then, but we're adults, and this is our Forum, so let's make it better.

The "blah said this about Conservatives," and "but blah said this about Liberals" tautological finger-pointing is pretty puerile. You're all worth more than the parties you've voted for; don't distill yourselves to be mere shadows of political viewpoints.

I don't know about paid influencers, but we're all welcome to talk about it. Aside from the odd spam account that slips through the screening process, I believe we're all here recreationally, with the exception of OOD staff (like myself).

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GW11 View Post
    Ok.

Go have a read through the "housekeeping" thread started by me that wasn't. Also have a look at the original thread in its unedited form before your mod started splitting, editing and moving things to keep it "on topic", if that's even possible now.

Note that I requested multiple times to have the OP changed, as I didn't create the thread. I was basically warned to shut up. If you want to get technical about it, the first poster who mentioned "covid" had their post deleted. It wasn't me. Another poster mentioned the thread being in my name and was given a polite explanation. I was never given any explanation other than "follow the rules" that I didn't break.

You have a mod who is making his current administrative decisions based on his history with people here and context he disagrees with.

You can look at my history here, this is my first clash with a mod.

Everyone makes mistakes or has a bad day, but come back and tell me again he's "doing a great job", I'll happily find somewhere else to go.

I'm not sure about this housekeeping thread, GW11, but if you want to flag it/report it, we'll happily readdress it. Like I said, there's a learning curve to everything on the Forum, and we're all here as voluntary community members.

User Info Menu

I'm not sure about this housekeeping thread, GW11, but if you want to flag it/report it, we'll happily readdress it. Like I said, there's a learning curve to everything on the Forum, and we're all here as voluntary community members.
    Off topic section, thread titled "Started by MOD to cleanup derailed thread".

Shows me as the OP.

I don't know how to flag or report posts.

Edit: Tapatalk is difficult when it comes to attempting to copy and paste a thread as well.

Last edited by GW11; October 8th, 2021 at 09:12 AM.
    "where a man feels at home, outside of where he's born, is where he's meant to go"
    ​- Ernest Hemingway

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GW11 View Post
    Off topic section, thread titled "Started by MOD to cleanup derailed thread".

Shows me as the OP.

I don't know how to flag or report posts.

Edit: Tapatalk is difficult when it comes to attempting to copy and paste a thread as well.

GW11,
    I realize you're using Tapatalk and the interface may be different, but there ought to be a wee flag underneath a member's name that will allow you to report a post if necessary, for future.

How would you like the thread addressed? We will not be editing comments in future, and there will be an acceptable amount of wiggleroom for the off topic-ness of off-topic threads. We're learning here, and we hear your concerns. How would you like the thread to be treated?

User Info Menu

GW11,
    I realize you're using Tapatalk and the interface may be different, but there ought to be a wee flag underneath a member's name that will allow you to report a post if necessary, for future.

How would you like the thread addressed? We will not be editing comments in future, and there will be an acceptable amount of wiggleroom for the off topic-ness of off-topic threads. We're learning here, and we hear your concerns. How would you like the thread to be treated?
    There doesn't appear to be a flag near member's names on Tapatalk. If I was compelled to flag a post or report someone I suppose I could log in from the laptop and do so. Tapatalk has some downsides but overall it's pretty friendly to use with a phone.

I would like what I originally asked for in that thread. Reflect the mod as the OP. If this truly can't be done I'd appreciate your confirmation and I'll leave it as is. Going forward, address biased approaches with the mods with them personally and privately (thanking you in advance for this) so even more long standing members don't get fed up and go elsewhere. Fair is fair, and it begins with those charged with keeping things in line on the forum.

​- Ernest Hemingway

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

For me, the little flag is at the bottom left, just above the "reply to thread" tab.
    John

Administrator

User Info Menu

GW11,

GW11,
    If you prefer, we can delete your initial comment so the thread reflects it was started by a Moderator. Is this what you'd like to do, or would you prefer to leave it as is?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast