Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opening of US Border

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default Opening of US Border

Good news for a change, looks like the US border land crossings will re-open early Nov...

key points:

Fully vaccinated Canadians will be allowed to enter the United States at land and ferry border crossings starting in early November.

However, an official on the call noted that the CDC plans to recommend the acceptance of air travellers who have been inoculated with any vaccine approved for emergency use by the World Health Organization, which includes AstraZeneca.

The official said a similar rule should be expected at land crossings.According to U.S. officials, Canadians crossing the border will be questioned about their vaccination status by border agents.

Proof of vaccination will only be required if a traveller is sent for secondary screening, the government officials said on the call.

If a traveller is fully vaccinated, there will be no requirement for them to show a negative COVID-19 test.

When the updated rules go into effect, the U.S. will also ease other travel restrictions for fully vaccinated travellers arriving by air.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/us-ca...open-1.6208838

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Trading liberties for a jab. Many will be in for a rude awakening once they finally realize what is in that syringe.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

As a conservation measure they waited till after the trout season closed to let me in.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

My inlaws will be very happy. They were part of a group of snowbirds that winter in Florida who were in the process of securing car carriers to ship their vehicles to Florida, while they fly south out of Detroit.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." Ernest Benn

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by delmer View Post
    My inlaws will be very happy. They were part of a group of snowbirds that winter in Florida who were in the process of securing car carriers to ship their vehicles to Florida, while they fly south out of Detroit.
    Yea I know a few too...the timing couldn't have been better, get the SnowBird plans underway for Dec.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

It's about time, the southern border has been a free for all since the Biden administration took office.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tigboy 304 View Post
    It's about time, the southern border has been a free for all since the Biden administration took office.
    They need them to do the job millions of Americans won’t....

...vote democrat
    The best part about being a "conspiracy theorist" is not having myocarditis.

Roses are red, violets are blue, taxation is theft, inflation is too.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

At this point though you still need to have a negative test that is no more than 72 hours old to come back in, you cannot get this for free so you either have to do this in Canada on your own dime then cross and cross back, or wait in the states for the test there.

Rapid tests are not good enough for the Canadian government either, full molecular test.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Rapid tests are not good enough for the Canadian government either, full molecular test.
    That's a Canadain requirement that is apparently being looked at being dropped. Silly to impose it on a day tripper. Most of my trips are less than 2 hrs. Even if I got infected while there it wouldn't show up on any tests for days after my return.

Just another one of the many mandated Covid things that isn't based on science...but political posturing.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Simply does not get anymore stupid then this.

"The U.S.-Canadian land border will be re-opening in November to fully-vaccinated Canadians, but travel is in question for the millions who received mixed vaccine doses of Pfizer, Moderna and Astra Zeneca."

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...ines-1.5622933

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast