Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: Twinstrikes first deer

  1. #21
    Getting the hang of it

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Congrats on the deer. You've seen more deer in a day than I usually do in a season. I was at Sail the other day and they had a Twinstrike on display. I picked it up and really liked the feel but I can't justify the amount of money since I just got a new xbow last year.

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #22
    Post-a-holic

    User Info Menu

    Default

    What broadhead did you use?
    Congrats on a great hunt
    Guns have two enemies................rust and government

    OFAH and CCFR member

  4. #23
    Elite Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntnmachine View Post
    What broadhead did you use?
    Congrats on a great hunt
    100g bolt cutter

  5. #24
    Leads by example

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    So what your trying to say is that it didn't go as planned

    I got out of the habit of leaving the safety on once the firearm/xbow is loaded and pointing downrange. No need for it to be engaged unless you move it away from pointing down range. Cost me too many deer in the early years making that mechanical click when I was set to shot.

    Congrats on a decent Buck...his behavior sounds like he was in Rut already. How was his neck ? Hard to tell from that angle in the pic.
    This !

    I lost the biggest doe I've seen in my life last year because of that click.

    If you aren't gunna click your saftey off another way is to put fingers on both sides of your saftey button and slowly click it while holding the other side of the button.

    Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

  6. #25
    Has all the answers

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Great story and pics. Congratulations on getting your buck.
    A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. - S. Pope

  7. #26
    Borderline Spammer

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Congrats on the buck

  8. #27
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by js4fn View Post
    So tell me 33 scraps in 3 days there is groups of 3 scrapes 3’ apart 6 scraps are out in open pasture field 4’ around dirt thrown 8’. What how many bucks have just shown up. It’s not from that 6 point

    I better cut back on the sugar dump
    That's a lot of scrapes. Usually a scrape line will be on a field edge with rubs and scrapes all the way down.

    My guess is a couple young bucks out sparring and showing off to each other strutting their stuff around.

    Congrats on the fine buck. Your going to have a lot of bucks around soon with that many pet does, ha.

    Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

    -Ted Nugent

  9. #28
    Elite Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SongDog View Post
    That's a lot of scrapes. Usually a scrape line will be on a field edge with rubs and scrapes all the way down.

    My guess is a couple young bucks out sparring and showing off to each other strutting their stuff around.

    Congrats on the fine buck. Your going to have a lot of bucks around soon with that many pet does, ha.

    Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
    You might be onto something about sparring ground is soft with all rain we had. But tracks are deep by scrapes out in the open
    Couple new ones today others refreshed
    I would have never thought one deer could eat a bag of apples so quickly

  10. #29
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    That was a great account of your success. Awesome pics, congrats
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

  11. #30
    Loyal Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    So what your trying to say is that it didn't go as planned

    I got out of the habit of leaving the safety on once the firearm/xbow is loaded and pointing downrange. No need for it to be engaged unless you move it away from pointing down range. Cost me too many deer in the early years making that mechanical click when I was set to shot.

    Congrats on a decent Buck...his behavior sounds like he was in Rut already. How was his neck ? Hard to tell from that angle in the pic.


    I think we are getting a little rutting action. This cam I have at a buddy's hasn't had a buck on it all summer until the last week. I was in my blind last night and heard a grunt followed by raking tree branches but wasn't interested in coming to me yet.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •