Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Season is done

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Default My Season is done

Getting old i guess.

The fall down the ravine i took on Oct 01 has officially ended my 2021 season. Somehow the knee become infected and went septic. Now on IV antibiotics to be followed by surgery. Hopefully will be able to do some ice fishing when the time comes.

Good luck to all of you out there and please post your tales as i will be living vicariously. This will be the first time i have not filled at least one deer tag since 1982 and at least two tags every season since they started offering additionals. Going to have to start rationing my meat stocks to make it another full year. Fortunately last season was good to me with 4 deer and 3 bears between me and my boys so with a bit of planning we should make it without running out.
    They say a man turns old when sorrow and regret take the place of hope and dreams

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

That is too bad..... I hope it heals up well with no setbacks. If we do well, you are more than welcome to some of our deer meat. Hope the surgery goes well. Go to suck though
    "Everything is easy when you know how"
    "Meat is not grown in stores"

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Are you offering a

" BLIND SHARE " or

" HONEY HOLE SHARE "

(For this year party Deer hunt)

Quote Originally Posted by Species8472 View Post
    Getting old i guess.

The fall down the ravine i took on Oct 01 has officially ended my 2021 season. Somehow the knee become infected and went septic. Now on IV antibiotics to be followed by surgery. Hopefully will be able to do some ice fishing when the time comes.

Good luck to all of you out there and please post your tales as i will be living vicariously. This will be the first time i have not filled at least one deer tag since 1982 and at least two tags every season since they started offering additionals. Going to have to start rationing my meat stocks to make it another full year. Fortunately last season was good to me with 4 deer and 3 bears between me and my boys so with a bit of planning we should make it without running out.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear that but you will be back next year, I was in an accident 2 days before Deer season 15 years ago and I was out for the count. You will recover and next year back at it. But you still have some meat left.

Take care

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Well that sucks.
    Knees can cause a lot of pain and age does not help with fast healing hope it works out for you take the time to recover fully

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery, there's nothing fun about that situation.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

Leads by example

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear that. I’ll do my best to post stories and pictures to help cheer you up. Hopefully a speedy recovery.

Elite Member

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear of your injury. Hopefully the meds work and you make a full recovery.
    A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. - S. Pope

User Info Menu

Hope you have a fast recovery take care
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish and he eats for the rest of his life"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fratri View Post
    That is too bad..... I hope it heals up well with no setbacks. If we do well, you are more than welcome to some of our deer meat. Hope the surgery goes well. Go to suck though
    Thanks for the offer. May reach come the new year. Hate taking something for free so maybe I could trade some bear at a 2 for 1 rate.
    They say a man turns old when sorrow and regret take the place of hope and dreams

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast