Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Short Shotguns

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

well if you don't like them, don't buy one.
    Pretty simple.
    I'm sure there are some people who will like them, and if its legal I fully support their choice.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FishHog View Post
    well if you don't like them, don't buy one.
    Pretty simple.
    I'm sure there are some people who will like them, and if its legal I fully support their choice.
    Legality isn't the issue. Practicality and safety are.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Badenoch View Post
    Legality isn't the issue. Practicality and safety are.
    Seems like a lot of guys have a practical use for one...no more of a safety concern than any other gun..

Like FishHod said: " well if you don't like them, don't buy one."
    Last edited by MikePal; November 21st, 2021 at 08:46 AM.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

It is not unlike a coach gun. O/U instead of S/S.
    Appeals to some and legal so enjoy!

Member for Life

User Info Menu

A buddy of mine uses this for grouse.

I made a mistake looking at this I would not want it 4 to 6 inches longer this is also 12 inches, Although I would prefer it in 16 or 20 gauge

https://www.sail.ca/en/boito-boito-h...430-2322500001

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

"Meanwhile the pump has at least 4 shots, can be left with the chamber empty making it a safer choice to stuff in a pack".[/QUOTE]
    Where are you going to legally carry a pump gun with 4 rounds to hunt?

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    Where are you going to legally carry a pump gun with 4 rounds to hunt?
    The discussion was about bear defense not hunting.

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

A little too short for me. I own a Mossberg 590 A1 18.5 barrel and it is short enough to be handy/safe in tracking bear in thick brush, but long enough to still swing and shoot a bird.

Plus with the plug out where legal you get 7 shots. If 7 slugs doesn't deter your bear nothing will

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhacker View Post
    A little too short for me. I own a Mossberg 590 A1 18.5 barrel and it is short enough to be handy/safe in tracking bear in thick brush, but long enough to still swing and shoot a bird.

Plus with the plug out where legal you get 7 shots. If 7 slugs doesn't deter your bear nothing will
    I have a 14" barrel for my 870 along with 20 and 28 inch barrels. The 14" gives me five in the mag with a single shot extension. It's safer and more practical than a SS-21.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Badenoch View Post
    A 14" pump gun with a pistol grip such as the Remington Tac 14 or Mossberg Shockwave would be a far better and safer choice in bear country. A stubby breaking gun has only two shots, is slow to reload and stuffing a cocked and locked shotgun with a top tang safety into a pack doesn't sound particularly sensible. Meanwhile the pump has at least 4 shots, can be left with the chamber empty making it a safer choice to stuff in a pack.
    I guess you are not aware of all those professional hunters in Africa using double guns, they are less prone to jam, have a faster follow up shot and they are fully aware that you are not likely to get a 3rd shot if the dangerous animal is coming at you.

Probably not a good idea to attack another legal firearm, heck, a 14in pump is a pretty stupid choice by a lot of people too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast