Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: One More Sleep to the 2021 Muzzleloader Season

  1. #21
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    So, did anyone have any luck during the muzzleloader season?

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT
     

  3. #22
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rf2 View Post
    So, did anyone have any luck during the muzzleloader season?
    Was not able to get one with the smoke pole but the area I was hunting in was shotgun as well, got a big doe on Monday morning and the group I hunted with had 11 down out of 14 guns and 13 tags by Wednesday morning.

  4. #23
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Closest I got to a nice buck was :

    I was at the 'other' stand that aft:



    I was just getting to my pop-up and saw a white tait flash 50 yrs in front of me:

    (The time stamp is still on DTS)

    Arte et marte (By Skill and by Fighting)...The RCEME motto

  5. #24
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Was not able to get one with the smoke pole but the area I was hunting in was shotgun as well, got a big doe on Monday morning and the group I hunted with had 11 down out of 14 guns and 13 tags by Wednesday morning.
    11 deer down in just over 2 days? That's insane! Where was that? Too easy!

  6. #25
    Needs a new keyboard

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikePal View Post
    Closest I got to a nice buck was :

    I was at the 'other' stand that aft:



    I was just getting to my pop-up and saw a white tait flash 50 yrs in front of me:

    (The time stamp is still on DTS)

    This is the problem with trail cameras. Sometime it's better to not know.

  7. #26
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rf2 View Post
    11 deer down in just over 2 days? That's insane! Where was that? Too easy!
    Near Stratford, this was a crazy year. They had 3 down in 1 chase on Monday, I got the big doe Monday evening at my dads place. Tuesday we setup in a swamp, 1 guy had 12 deer come to him, he got 2 deer but most were not good shot opportunities, that chase the gang got 6, we were bucks only after that and got another buck on Wednesday. The deer population down there is coming back as the coyote population is down. How can I say the coyote population is down? Well, the rabbit, squirrel and grouse population is up, significantly.

  8. #27
    Has too much time on their hands

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Near Stratford, this was a crazy year. They had 3 down in 1 chase on Monday, I got the big doe Monday evening at my dads place. Tuesday we setup in a swamp, 1 guy had 12 deer come to him, he got 2 deer but most were not good shot opportunities, that chase the gang got 6, we were bucks only after that and got another buck on Wednesday. The deer population down there is coming back as the coyote population is down. How can I say the coyote population is down? Well, the rabbit, squirrel and grouse population is up, significantly.
    That is a good indicator.

    Well done!

  9. #28
    Member for Life

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jack View Post
    That is a good indicator.

    Well done!
    The ash dying off is actually helping too. All these established forests with almost no cover have turned into a tangled mess of undergrowth, a lot more cover for the smaller animals and deer alike.

  10. #29
    Just starting out

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I shot a doe (first deer with my muzzleloader) on the last morning of the muzzleloader season. Had been holding out for a good buck but being the last chance with a gun and having an empty freezer it was time to pull the trigger. Actually saw 15 deer that morning hunt including a small fork horn that came through 15 mins after I shot the doe. The number of does I’ve seen this year compared to bucks has been a bit ridiculous so I was happy to take a doe over a small buck anyway. Area 64A.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •