Thread: What is the SML preferred Load These Days

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Default What is the SML preferred Load These Days

Having been out of touch with SML for some years and seeing little posting about SML activity I’m curious as to what favorite SML loads are being used.
    My current load is 250SST/250FTX with Harvester sabot shot at around 2300fps in my 10ML-II 50.
    I do knurl my bullets for a specific bore fit. Mentioning powder of choice is an option.
    This request is not limited to 50cal and would enjoy seeing the 45cal included.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

I've been shooting the PR Bullet Extreme Elite in 260 grain for a number of years. It's a .40 cal bullet, and I just use the sabot that it comes packaged with. Happy with the results on paper and on game.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." Ernest Benn

Apprentice

User Info Menu

shooting a 45 cal using 200st with blue sabot ,brux barrel reloader 7 shoots 1.5 at 200 yrds off a rest

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

44gr AA 5744
    Harvester sabot
    .300gr xtp
    Winchester 209 primer

Bang flop every time.

I'm just a deer hunter. This load gives me superb consistent groups after one fouling shot.

If it works don't mess with it.. lol

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Guys, thanks for the courtesy of responding to my query.

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

I won’t share the load data on the general forum but I use the following powders with good success in custom 45cal and some powders in standard 50 cal savage.

IMR 4198 for hunting loads using 300-350 grain projectiles
    N110 for puff loads and duplex charges
    4759 for cast and duplex
    H322 for higher velocity rounds
    Imr3031 for extreme speed 300 grain projectiles loads
    5744 for cast projectile plinking
    Last edited by Big Jack; January 7th, 2022 at 07:44 AM.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Big Jack

Boy you have used an array of different powders for 50 and 45Cal. There’s definitely a lot of knowledge and experience found here. What peak’s my curiosity, if you don’t mind me asking, how do you keep track of all your loads and results?
    Currently I’m trying to digitize load info for easier reference and reduce paperwork clutter.