Thread: Hanoverian Scent Hounds.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Default Hanoverian Scent Hounds.

My son came across these and thought you guys might be interested to read about them.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-dogs-puppies...rce=ios_social

A little background information.

https://dogtime.com/dog-breeds/hanov...hound#/slide/1

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Well it's a boring New Years Eve when I can't go anywhere, so thanks for a good read. Very interesting.
    " We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Hunted with one in Africa before. First one I ever seen. It was my PHs tracking dog. He was still training it so any game that was shot he would put the dog on the track whether he needed to or not.

Good dog, Very deep voice like a bloodhound, He was aggressive towards other dogs while hunting so usually didn't hunt with other hounds. Cool breed that are very nice looking hounds.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

-Ted Nugent

Member for Life

User Info Menu

My son really liked the look of the dog, for me price wise I would think a person could get a bloodhound a bit cheaper. Or even better just get a coonhound at half the price. But interesting breed and one that I had not heard of before. I would imagine they could be trained for almost any game.

Loyal Member

User Info Menu

Did you see the price on the puppies recently? Gsp seller $2000 and I heard much more of that.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Yikes
    That’s a pile of cake for even a rare hound.
    Said in several places that they prefer to be the only pet. You’d have to track a pile of wounded game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk