Thread: ERCA deer hunting land rental ?

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Default ERCA deer hunting land rental ?

Has anyone had any first hand experience renting deer hunting land with the ERCA? I am on the search for some additional deer hunting property and this looks like it may be a good opportunity.

https://essexregionconservation.ca/o...ation/hunting/

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Looks interesting. I would however be paranoid about trespassing if you were successful in securing one of the woodlot rentals.
    They say a man turns old when sorrow and regret take the place of hope and dreams

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Species8472 View Post
    Looks interesting. I would however be paranoid about trespassing if you were successful in securing one of the woodlot rentals.
    I got some feedback on the ERCA rental from a friend. Seems it is more of a PITA than it's worth. Stolen stands and ongoing trespassing. I will stick with my private woodlot in 92B provided the land-owner grants me permission again for this deer season.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

This was an interesting opportunity.
    Never knew such a thing exists-rent a land for a year from a CA...?
    I can see the PITA side of the whole story though............they collect a pile of money,then leave the problems to the users...........hmm.

Member for Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gbk View Post
    This was an interesting opportunity.
    Never knew such a thing exists-rent a land for a year from a CA...?
    I can see the PITA side of the whole story though............they collect a pile of money,then leave the problems to the users...........hmm.
    I can get pretty murky this CA renting out properties.

We have a CA up my way that manages to rent out a property every year and it goes to the same group, no open competition, no fee disclosed......