Thread: Any Traditional archery coaches in Windsor/essex region?

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Default Any Traditional archery coaches in Windsor/essex region?

I've watched just about every instructional video I could come upon several times. I've tried at least 3 other forums. I've tried lowering draw weight. After around 100 hours at the range I still can't seem to grasp the concept to be effective at even 10 yards. At this point I'm convinced the only option I haven't exhausted is to find a coach.
    "When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Member for Life

User Info Menu

How often do you find yourself up this way? I know you have made a few trips. Once the weather warms it wouldn't be hard to arrange a day to work 9n the basics. Usually form is the biggest contributor to accuracy issues. The biggest thing shooting traditional equipment is doing everything exactly the same every shot.

Worry about form and routine first. Practice getting a good anchor point, bow lean, stance and clean release first. Worry about where the arrows go once you have the basics down.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    How is it one careless cigarette can cause a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to light a campfire?

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Fred Asbell's book on instinctive shooting is a really good read for starters.

Getting the hang of it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MihajloSimsic View Post
    I've watched just about every instructional video I could come upon several times. I've tried at least 3 other forums. I've tried lowering draw weight. After around 100 hours at the range I still can't seem to grasp the concept to be effective at even 10 yards. At this point I'm convinced the only option I haven't exhausted is to find a coach.
    I'm up in the Owen Sound area but I do do online coaching if you're stuck. Normally people will video tape themselves and then I'll facetime with them and go over any issues they might have. You can message me here, although I don't check on here much or you can DM me on my instagram page if you like. jeff.kavanagh.9

Cheers

Just starting out

User Info Menu

I used to shoot trad alot, still muddle my way through it a bit. Im in the harrow mcgregor area if you're local and feel like flinging a few. Pm me if you're game.

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cath8r View Post
    I used to shoot trad alot, still muddle my way through it a bit. Im in the harrow mcgregor area if you're local and feel like flinging a few. Pm me if you're game.
    Haven't visited this thread in a bit. Sounds good! I usually shoot at the Windsor Sportsmen club. They have a decent 3D course there. I'm able to bring guests as well.
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Apprentice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cath8r View Post
    Haven't visited this thread in a bit. Sounds good! I usually shoot at the Windsor Sportsmen club. They have a decent 3D course there. I'm able to bring guests as well.
    - Theodore Roosevelt