Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colpoys Bay Wiarton

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Default Colpoys Bay Wiarton

My daughter and SIL are having a house built just outside of Wiarton on Colpoys Bay and will be moving this summer. The wife and I could well be moving there next year. I've tried to find info on the fishing in the bay but can only find some comments about salmon and trout fishing. Does anyone have a knowledge of fishing there, particularly regarding walleye and S./M and L/M bass

2. # ADS
    Advertisement
    ADVERTISEMENT

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Lots of SM in lake huron off Oliphant and Howdenvale and LM in the Rankin river systerm Sky lake, Isaac lake and Boat late and the connecting rivers also a few walleye in Boat lake and Sky lake but not a lot, Berford lake just north of Wiarton has some good SM as well. If you move to the area get involved with the Bruce Peninsula Sportsmen's Association and you will find lots of fishing and hunting people there to get info from.

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Thanks for the reply - From what I've been reading and your reply I'm getting the feeling that there's not too much in the bay itself

Has too much time on their hands

User Info Menu

Well we know there are whitefish, lake trout and Rainbows in the bay.

https://mnrwatch.com/fishing-alterca...lpoys-bay/?amp

Borderline Spammer

User Info Menu

Walleye and LM are non existent in the bay and SM are rare, there is a decent rainbow and salmon fishery in the spring near shore and during the summer and early fall with downriggers.
    Hope for the best, prepare for the worst!

Just starting out

User Info Menu

Tks - after many many years fishing the Kawarthas and French/Key river areas, I guess I will be changing my tactics a bit, and that's a good thing. Got me wondering now if I should be keeping my bassboat.
    Last edited by trefilboy; February 14th, 2022 at 09:47 PM.

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

There is a Bass group in the area that organize local tournaments and such so there must be bass opportunities. Josh Cronzy was involved in that group.

User Info Menu

Too busy... and lazy to search around, is the bay iced over and fishable this year?

Needs a new keyboard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mosquito View Post
    Too busy... and lazy to search around, is the bay iced over and fishable this year?
    Last good pic from satellite, only about 1/3 frozen. https://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/mo...n.143.250m.jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    Last good pic from satellite, only about 1/3 frozen. https://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/mo...n.143.250m.jpg
    Yeah, I looked at the picture of today, atleast 3/4 still open. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast